Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I just bought a 2020 Q50 Red Sport and was looking for some general suggestions on some beginner mods I should look into. Keep in mind I don’t know much about car mods to begin with, but I know that there’s quite a bit of things I can do to the vehicle. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Heat exchanger, lower down pipes, and a JB4 are pretty much the starter kit. Lower down pipes and JB4 are for power, heat exchanger for better cooling so you keep putting that power down.

Reactions: BigHeadClan

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Heat exchanger, lower down pipes, and a JB4 are pretty much the starter kit. Lower down pipes and JB4 are for power, heat exchanger for better cooling so you keep putting that power down.
[/QUOTE
I thought a heat exchanger was only if you really lived in a hot area?

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
No, it’s just more important in hot areas. These engines produce a lot of heat and can heat soak very quickly. If you just commute and don’t really push the car, then you can forego it. But if you like to give it the beans and do any sort of spirited driving, then it’s highly recommended.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Oh, and a HikeIt X5 would also be a great beginner mod. It’s a plug and play device that makes the throttle more responsive. Makes the car react like a 400HP car should when you stomp on it, from what some of the guys here say. I haven’t gotten one yet, but it’s on my list.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh, and a HikeIt X5 would also be a great beginner mod. It’s a plug and play device that makes the throttle more responsive. Makes the car react like a 400HP car should when you stomp on it, from what some of the guys here say. I haven’t gotten one yet, but it’s on my list.
Really appreciate the suggestions man, my cousins tell me I shouldn’t mod it right now and just enjoy it stock and when I get bored that’s when I can go crazy.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Really appreciate the suggestions man, my cousins tell me I shouldn’t mod it right now and just enjoy it stock and when I get bored that’s when I can go crazy.
That’s really good advice actually. But now you have an idea for where to start when you do want to

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
I thought a heat exchanger was only if you really lived in a hot area?
If you lived up in colder parts of Canada you could probably get away without one most days, but
even up here it can get pretty toasting on days with a tune you'd 100% heat-soak after some spirited
driving.

Pretty solid advice, if you want to do some tweaks without going crazy a rear anti-sway bar and a good set of performance tires
makes a world of difference on these cars. If you still want more after that you can toss some more power at it as Skyline suggested.

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
14,702 Posts
If the OP has FEB, ICC, and ECO pedal, the HikeIt won't work on his car's accelerator pedal. If he has those options, the Sprint Booster throttle controller will work though.

Reactions: SkylineDreamz

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
If the OP has FEB, ICC, and ECO pedal, the HikeIt won't work on his car's accelerator pedal. If he has those options, the Sprint Booster throttle controller will work though.
Good catch, thank you

1 - 10 of 10 Posts