Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I'm just curious on 2 things after buying my Q50 RS. Has anyone drove side by side in and RS and non. My friend owns the premium versions while I own the RS but when we race he always takes off. Don't I have an extra 100 crank horse power?!
It's not a timing thing like normal drag racing, you can easily tell he starts gapping.

Also I'm losing coolant constantly plus heat. I took it in right away cause it's under warranty and haven't even owned it a year. Took it to a Nissan dealership and they charged me $600 for coolant 馃ぃ
Nothing wrong with engine, trans, gaskets, and the cooling system.
So where tf is my coolant going.
Btw coolant only last about a month or 2 and I only drive it 8 days out of the month.

Administrator
Newport, Oregon
You don't say what year your Q50 is but if you're constantly losing coolant and there's no evidence of coolant leakage in the engine bay, you may have a porous engine block. What do your exhaust gases look like?

Reactions: jodedor

Super Moderator
...but if you're constantly losing coolant and there's no evidence of coolant leakage in the engine bay, you may have a porous engine block.
^This. I would also get a sample of the crankcase oil and send it out for analysis, like to Blackstone Labs. The UOA may show evidence of coolant elements in the oil.

Reactions: Avedis53

Registered
Hey I'm just curious on 2 things after buying my Q50 RS. Has anyone drove side by side in and RS and non. My friend owns the premium versions while I own the RS but when we race he always takes off. Don't I have an extra 100 crank horse power?!
It's not a timing thing like normal drag racing, you can easily tell he starts gapping.

Also I'm losing coolant constantly plus heat. I took it in right away cause it's under warranty and haven't even owned it a year. Took it to a Nissan dealership and they charged me $600 for coolant 馃ぃ
Nothing wrong with engine, trans, gaskets, and the cooling system.
So where tf is my coolant going.
Btw coolant only last about a month or 2 and I only drive it 8 days out of the month.
Driver mod? Lol

Registered
Maybe your friend is lieing to you and he isnt stock. He probably is tuned/JB4 with heat exchanger? Cause how is he gapping you. Maybe hes in Sport mode and your in Eco?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts