Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Q50s
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys just got my Q not that long ago, im trying to figure out what this screeching noise is. Its not that consistent but happens randomly accelerating past 3k rpm in any gear. Took it to the dealer to check it out under warranty but the car didn’t want to make the noise while I was there. In this video the noise happens in 3rd gear. Video of Screech

·
Registered
652 Posts
Its used then? 2017 I assume so.
Its your accessory belt on the front if your engine. Take it to dealer and reference a TSB that a metallic dude may grace us with. But you search for belt issue on here and find more info. But ya it needs to be replaced at the very least. At most right now you need a new pulley and a belt. If you don't fix it after a while it "COULD" break under load and tear your engine apart like a trapped honey badger.

·
Registered
2016 Q05 RS400 Iridium Blue
35 Posts
Its used then? 2017 I assume so.
Its your accessory belt on the front if your engine. Take it to dealer and reference a TSB that a metallic dude may grace us with. But you search for belt issue on here and find more info. But ya it needs to be replaced at the very least. At most right now you need a new pulley and a belt. If you don't fix it after a while it "COULD" break under load and tear your engine apart like a trapped honey badger.
100% agree, accessory belt. Mine was making the same noise last summer took it in and had the belt and pully replaced under the service bulletin for it.

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
15,857 Posts
Here's the TSB you are referring to:

Q50 belt TSB.pdf - Google Drive

If it is indeed your serpentine belt that is slipping, you should have it fixed ASAP. SilverRS isn't kidding. A disintegrating belt can tear up all sorts of things as people have reported here, including tearing out the transmission fluid cooler hoses and dumping all your A/T fluid on the ground, which could damage your A/T.

·
Premium Member
2018 Q50 Red Sport 400 AWD
6,178 Posts
If you don't fix it after a while it "COULD" break under load and tear your engine apart like a trapped honey badger.
Is that better or worse than a Honey Boo Boo looking for her Easter basket?

·
Registered
652 Posts
If Honey Boo Boo needs to get in on the action. I would say she is your Serpentine Belt and your engine is the vending machine that jammed up and didn't give her the Mountain Dew.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Thanks for the help! I’ll get this all checked by the dealer and keep you guys updated!
I am glad you showed up when you did. This is a fixable issue but keep an ear on it even after they replace your pulley, if they do. Welcome to the forum.

Reactions: BrandynD
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.