Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have. A 2016 q50 3.0 w/40k I have this noise that comes in at around 5k rpms all the way to 7k. If anyone knows what it is lmk. .Noise

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Couldn't hear it well from the video.

A screech could be the serpentine belt and/or belt tensioner. Is it the original belt?

A TSB exists for 2016 and early 2017 VR30s for belt alignment issues, which if mis-aligned, could cause a screech at high rpms.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The belt was replaced 5k miles ago, and as of right now it doesn’t look like it is misaligned bc I measured at there’s a gap that is 3.68mm which is over the min 3.5mm

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
Are you talking about that very faint almost rattle just as the car is shifting? Hard to say could be the heat-shield around the exhaust, have almost no indication where that sound is coming
front (front,back, center etc.)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are you talking about that very faint almost rattle just as the car is shifting? Hard to say could be the heat-shield around the exhaust, have almost no indication where that sound is coming
front (front,back, center etc.)
It’s definitely coming from the front, if u listen really closely you can hear it, the audio doesn’t do it justice it’s loud from inside

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
Hmmm could be the turbos making some noise then, a loose bolt/tool that got dropped or even the heat-shield within the engine bay. There is a known turbo
issue for the 2016-18 models, might be good to have the dealer check it out and verify.

Reactions: flipper1542
1 - 6 of 6 Posts