Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody!
I'm owner of 2017 Infiniti Q50 3.0 AWD with 56k miles and I have issues with vibration in front part of my car. I almost every time feel it when I start drive from 20 till 30 mph. But sometimes it's gone and everything is good. I changed all brake disks, checked all engine mounts, all suspension, everything is good. I even change front right axle shaft but still have this issues.
Last week I visited my dealer and they told me that it may be front right bearing in front differential.
So, my question is maybe someone had the same problem ??? this shaking or vibration I don't know how call it only when I start drive from 20 till 30 mph.

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
They are looks and works good...
How about the wheels/tires, have you tried switching out front to rear (sort of rotating them)? I would do one side a time.

Most of the vibration issues I've seen/read were occurring to the ones with aftermarket suspension. But yours is stock so it must be something else.

·
Registered
31 Posts
You did not mention anything about the wheels and tires. Rotate the tires front to back and see if vibration shifts to the rear. If so, issue is with tires and/or wheels. If not, check all the bushings in the front suspension. All mechanical systems have what is known as the "natural frequency". This is the frequency when applied force causes increase in vibration to sometimes failure. Google "Tacoma Narrows Bridge" for an example of this phenomenon. Perhaps there is a small imbalance that hits the natural frequency of the suspension system between 20 to 30 MPH. It may help if you find a shop that would do a dynamic wheel balancing on the car.

·
Registered
2018 Q50 Red Sport - AWD (for more details see About Me)
7 Posts
Bender,

Are you still active on this forum?...

I have a 2018 Q50S RS AWD 30k miles that is doing the same thing. And I was wondering if you ever found a solution?

I am noticing the same type of.... 'oscillation' in the front suspension. Under normal acceleration (from a dead stop) to about 30-40mph I am feeling, what I can only describe as wheel hop?

Almost feels like the magnetic suspension bouncing at a certain frequency. I've changed driving modes and can feel it no matter which mode I am in. And I have noticed that I do not feel the wheel hop under heavy acceleration from a dead stop, it's only happening under light load/acceleration.

Just noticed it out of the blue last week. Tires are new. Rotors are new. Front end alignment. Tires rotated. Tire pressure checked... you name it, I've checked it. I haven't hit any curbs, or pot holes. Not throwing any error codes.

Like I mentioned, the car had been riding smooth... then began noticing it just last week out of nowhere.

·
Premium Member
2018 Q50 Red Sport 400 AWD
5,608 Posts
Bender,

I have a 2018 Q50S RS AWD 30k miles that is doing the same thing. And I was wondering if you ever found a solution?

I am noticing the same type of.... 'oscillation' in the front suspension. Under normal acceleration (from a dead stop) to about 30-40mph I am feeling, what I can only describe as wheel hop?

Almost feels like the magnetic suspension bouncing at a certain frequency. I've changed driving modes and can feel it no matter which mode I am in. And I have noticed that I do not feel the wheel hop under heavy acceleration from a dead stop, it's only happening under light load/acceleration.

Just noticed it out of the blue last week. Tires are new. Rotors are new. Front end alignment. Tires rotated. Tire pressure checked... you name it, I've checked it. I haven't hit any curbs, or pot holes. Not throwing any error codes.

Like I mentioned, the car had been riding smooth... then began noticing it just last week out of nowhere.
He was last seen here June of 2020. Click on a member's name and you can see that information in the box that opens.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Bender,

Hey, newb to this forum. Just wondered if you ever found the solution for this? I have a 2018 Q50RS (just hit 54k miles) that had something similar and thought I'd post here in case it helps. Mine was making a sort of knocking or shuddering sound that I could definitely tell was coming from the front end but it was hard to pinpoint if it was suspension or steering. After several visits and tightening everything in the front end/other attempts at fixing the issue, the dealer finally diagnosed a worn out steering rack and replaced the rack and tie rods under warranty ($4k bill) thankfully. Problem went away but I think it'll be back. Try turning your steering wheel side to side and if you feel/hear a clunking sound as you switch direction, that is likely the problem. When the bushings are completely worn out the whole rack will have play in it and you'll feel it, mostly at speeds below 45 or 50 ish. On mine they actually replaced the front left axle as well because it was loose, don't know if it was related or not but all in all I think I've had about $10k worth of warranty work done on my car in just shy of 3 yrs (bought in 2019 as CPO) so I'm starting to think these cars are not as robust as maybe they should be. The dealer questioned whether I was driving mine "too aggressively" because of all the repairs I've needed. Pretty lame. I'm 100% stock so they are stuck with the bill either way. Some days I love this car and other days I wonder why I still have it, but overall it's been a lot of fun to drive and I always look forward to going somewhere in it so it will be around a bit longer I guess. It's funny though I had an F30 335i M Sport before this car and it spent a lot less time at the dealer than the Q has, but I ditched it before the warranty ran out so who knows what would have happened had I kept it. Anyway hope this helps.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts