Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone provide any insight to the ride quality between the Q50 Sport and the Q50 Premium w/ 19" rims? I currently have a IS 350 with the sport package. I am content with the ride quality and I like the improved handling over the non sport IS.

I know 19" with run flats will be a firm ride and I am curious how much firmer the ride quality is with the sport package.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Didnt feel anything harsh! In fact I actually liked the ride quality! Only thing to keep in mind though is I drive a car thats lowered about 2in and coilovers set to 2 click before full stiff so I might be biased on that experience!

Reactions: maddsiick

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Previous car?

Hahaha! Actually saw one but it was a truck! Was on the freeway and he was going fast and knew he was approaching a dip! When he hit it sparks were flying! :eek:

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
I think the logic should be the opposite, if you can't notice the difference, why pay for the sport.
He's asking about ride comfort...the stuff you get with the sport makes it worth it and you don't lose ride quality

·
Registered
47 Posts
I don't think the other stuff is worth it.
The seats have more adjustments, I think slightly bigger side bolsters. The brakes go from single piston floating calipers to fixed 4-piston calipers in front and fixed 2-piston calipers in the rear. It has metal paddle shifters.

It adds the wider 19" rims, which are more expensive. I like the look of the 17" rims better, but the 225/55-17 tire is an odd size with few aftermarket tires available. It is the standard 528i size, which is probably why 3 of the 4 winter tire options at TireRack are RFT. The Michelin Pilot Sport AS3 is listed in this size at Michelin but not a Tire Rack.

The styling differences are a personal taste. and not that dramatic. The grill dominates the front either way and both have big dual exhaust pipes.

The suspension calibration is supposed to be different. However, I doubt if anyone could separate it from the difference in tires; the 17" has 1" (25%) taller sidewall.

A bigger difference may be the ability of the wheel to survive potholes, especially with the runflat tires. The 19" is probably much more vulnerable judging from the BMW 5-series forums.

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
The seats have more adjustments, I think slightly bigger side bolsters. The brakes go from single piston floating calipers to fixed 4-piston calipers in front and fixed 2-piston calipers in the rear. It has metal paddle shifters.

It adds the wider 19" rims, which are more expensive. I like the look of the 17" rims better, but the 225/55-17 tire is an odd size with few aftermarket tires available. It is the standard 528i size, which is probably why 3 of the 4 winter tire options at TireRack are RFT. The Michelin Pilot Sport AS3 is listed in this size at Michelin but not a Tire Rack.

The styling differences are a personal taste. and not that dramatic. The grill dominates the front either way and both have big dual exhaust pipes.

The suspension calibration is supposed to be different. However, I doubt if anyone could separate it from the difference in tires; the 17" has 1" (25%) taller sidewall.

A bigger difference may be the ability of the wheel to survive potholes, especially with the runflat tires. The 19" is probably much more vulnerable judging from the BMW 5-series forums.
But the comparison was a Sport to a premium with the 19's so you bringing up the wheels is irrelevant. To me the suspension feels exactly the same, I don't think the sport seats are as comfortable and unless you're drag racing you don't need the bigger brakes and they are a lot more expensive to replace. So, I'd rather have the non-sport with the 19' sport rims. Now, if you like the front bumper so much better then fine, but I think it looks too bulky from the side view.

·
Registered
260 Posts

·
Premium Member
699 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
$31 per tire? I think the stiffer sidewall will be a better match to the RFTs they'd replace. Not sure which rating would be best for potholes on such a low profile tire, though.
Plus the Y-rated is the only one available at Discount Tire :)

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
$31 per tire? I think the stiffer sidewall will be a better match to the RFTs they'd replace. Not sure which rating would be best for potholes on such a low profile tire, though.
Plus the Y-rated is the only one available at Discount Tire :)
oh, if the Y is all they have then that settles it :) Have you gotten a trade in price from Discount Tire on the Dunlops yet????

·
Registered
260 Posts
Have you gotten a trade in price from Discount Tire on the Dunlops yet????
That would be *literally* putting the horse before the cart :) I haven't even seen the car yet.
Another reason I prefer the Y-rated (but that doesn't apply to you) is that they're XL, and since I'm now considering the 4145 lbs Hybrid AWD, that's more peace of mind.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.