1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Awesome! Thanks for sharing! Nice video quality! :D

·
Premium Member
1,844 Posts
Nice. Someone may need to tell him where the idea from the tail lights came from.

·
Premium Member
1,177 Posts
Me likey!!! Great extensive review! Ummm and just made me like the black that much more, minus the black leather interior!! Was good to see it between the red and white. Too bad he didn't pan over to see those as well. The InTouch system seemed to be quick to respond so maybe the update was complete?!? Especially considering they allowed him to review it. Trunk size looked about the same as my current G37S! But at least the rear seats fold down!! Great video! Thanks for posting!

·
Premium Member
1,177 Posts
Nice. Someone may need to tell him where the idea from the tail lights came from.
I laughed when he mentioned the Hyundai considering the fit some people on the boards had when it was suggested last week! Haha

Reactions: CarolinaQ50

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I laughed when he mentioned the Hyundai considering the fit some people on the boards had when it was suggested last week! Haha
Yes, I was anticipating comments on the reviewer's remark as well. I suppose I see the similarity but that does not mean it was inspired by the Sonata. Who knows and who cares. I love the Q50 rear regardless how it was designed.

But some people don't like comparing the Q50 rear with the Sonata. I wonder if people are bothered by this because they refuse to admit Infiniti took styling queues from anyone or is it because the Q50 rear resembles styling cues from a "lesser" car.

Personally, I think the Sonata is a gorgeous car. Actually, for the market they compete in, the current Hyundai's are some of the best looking cars out there.

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
Yes, I was anticipating comments on the reviewer's remark as well. I suppose I see the similarity but that does not mean it was inspired by the Sonata. Who knows and who cares. I love the Q50 rear regardless how it was designed.

But some people don't like comparing the Q50 rear with the Sonata. I wonder if people are bothered by this because they refuse to admit Infiniti took styling queues from anyone or is it because the Q50 rear resembles styling cues from a "lesser" car.

Personally, I think the Sonata is a gorgeous car. Actually, for the market they compete in, the current Hyundai's are some of the best looking cars out there.
It is really hard for me to see any similarities. I can see maybe someone thinking they look similar if they know nothing about cars and only think of cars as modes of transportation, and don't "love" cars like car people do. The general shape is similar of the brake light, but even that is completely different. Just hard for me to see it...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,844 Posts

It does help though when people understand the different concept cars that Infiniti has shown in the past and how each one of those are represented in the Q50

Q50 Design: An Inheritance of Riches - Infiniti Online Newsroom

·
Premium Member
741 Posts
When he said that I wanted to stop the video. Lol. I actually think the Sonata is a good looking car from the rear, so in that sense it doesn't bother me. But most people that make that comparison are saying as a negative thing and to insinuate that Infiniti copied Hyundai, a lesser cheaper brand. Its obvious this car was inspired by all of the recent Infiniti concepts and the general shape started with the FX, then on the JX now on the Q50.

The interior comments bother me because it was clear that Hyundai ripped some Infiniti design ques in the Sonatas interior, and now people are claiming it looks like a Sonata. Now THAT is aggravating.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The interior comments bother me because it was clear that Hyundai ripped some Infiniti design ques in the Sonatas interior, and now people are claiming it looks like a Sonata. Now THAT is aggravating.
All auto designers take inspiration from others. There are interior and exterior trends that most manufacturers seem to converge on. Pretty much everyone with LED strip day running lights ripped off Audi, who were the first to popularize that.

I think Infiniti drew upon their concept cars and probably all other cars and came up with their own unique take that showcases their own design language and it looks great. Whether anyone was inspired or influenced by anyone else, I don't care because the Q50 looks great from all angles no matter where they drew inspiration.

I wonder if people would be less offended by comparisons if the Q50 was being placed against a "higher" or equal model. All I can say is I would rather the Q50 resemble the Sonata in the back than the 2014 A6.

Appearances are subjective of course and the A6 is a fantastic car but the rear of that car is f-ugly.

·
Premium Member
1,070 Posts
The rear is the weakest part for the A6. I have test driven an A6 3.0. It is very nice. But I was genuinely surprised by the road noise. May be because of the run flats.

I do admit that Audi's look very similar to each other, and hard to tell apart unless standing right on top of them. Especially the A4, A5 and A6, from the front. Like a Jaguar exec once said about the Germans, they make the same sausage, just in different lengths. This is especially true for Audi's of late.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I might have to get that 45,000 is right around where I want to spend but **** I wanted those tech packages.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.