Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After 2 months with my Q50 and 6,000km, I am just not happy with the steering. The car moves around on the highway. It just does not feel firmly planted on the road, like my G37 did.

I have the steering setting at Quick/Standard. Are others noticing this "drive by wire" steering not being solid, and steering straight on the road?

·
Registered
137 Posts
From what I have read on this forum the closest setting to your G37 hydraulic steering is the middle setting for both. Your Quick setting might be causing your problerm. Try knocking it back to the middle setting and see if it improves.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Keep trying other modes and combinations to get the one u feel thats right for u! Btw, do you have your drive mode set to personal?

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
Aggie's right, take off the lane assist and you wont feel that the car rocking from side to side, it will feel planted to the ground just like G. I use the Quick steering on mine and I have no problem with it. I also don't get that rocking feeling with my Active Lane Assist on.

I did notice though that the car rocks left and right a lot when my gf is driving because she tends to hug one side of the lane more than the other and the car is constantly correcting her. Took it off on her personal settings and its better now when she drives.

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
Aggie's right, take off the lane assist and you wont feel that the car rocking from side to side, it will feel planted to the ground just like G. I use the Quick steering on mine and I have no problem with it. I also don't get that rocking feeling with my Active Lane Assist on.

I did notice though that the car rocks left and right a lot when my gf is driving because she tends to hug one side of the lane more than the other and the car is constantly correcting her. Took it off on her personal settings and its better now when she drives.
Yikes, you let you girlfriend drive?!

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
I definitely have to agree with that. I'm glad she doesn't read posts on this forum :D

Reactions: Latrant

·
Registered
395 Posts
I ended up turning my lane assist off for normal every day driving, but I'll turn it on for long highway trips.
Yep. That is the way I set mine too. Even on windy strtches of highway, I will turn it off and when the highway straightens out again, I will turn it back on with the steering wheel toggle switch.

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
It's weird that I don't feel that at all. Yes, the Lane Assist straightens out the car on the highway, but I never have the "rocking" sensation that you've mentioned. After two extensive road trips, I'm totally happy with the way it drives and handles. To be honest, that surprises me a little, too, as I've always felt good "handling" my car on my own. Maybe I just got one of the better ones.:p

·
Premium Member
1,070 Posts
I have a problem with Active Lane Control. Even at the softer setting, I find it wants to wander all the way to the left edge of the lane and then bounce back. Irritating. I switched it off.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I Hate my Infiniti Q50!!!

Mine is doing the same thing at 3200 miles! I have had it in the dealership twice and is going back this week again! They say that the steering recall was for freezing temps but, how do we know that it won't overheat??? How do we know that this DAS steering won't break??? Why didn't my salesman tell me this vehicle had new steering technology? I sure wouldn't have bought it, I want a vehicle I control!!!!
Give me an old engineering of a steering column!
I should have kept my g37 coupe but, I needed more room for grandkids!! I will not allow my grandkids in this vehicle because I don't feel safe!!!

Buy Back My Infiniti Q50 because it is crap!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.