Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just swapped my winter tires which have TPMS cloned sensors and for some reason it’s showing on the wrong side on my dashboard.... for example rear right and front right or showing on the dashboard as rear left and front left..

after driving for a while does the tpms correct itself and go back to normal position ? Or can I do anything in the settings to recalibrate it?

im almost positive my oem wheels relearned the position when I rotated them last year

thanks

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Just swapped my winter tires which have TPMS cloned sensors and for some reason it’s showing on the wrong side on my dashboard.... for example rear right and front right or showing on the dashboard as rear left and front left..

after driving for a while does the tpms correct itself and go back to normal position ? Or can I do anything in the settings to recalibrate it?

im almost positive my oem wheels relearned the position when I rotated them last year

thanks
It should correct itself after driving 25 mph or more for 3 minutes and then drive at any speed for 10 minutes according to the SM. The Owner's manual says 16 mph, so go figure. Have you driven the car since swapping tires? There isn't anything in the settings for registering new TPMS sensors.

You may need to have the TPMS sensors registered with a TPMS activation tool. Some shops and stores will do this for free. I would imagine Infiniti would charge for it because that's how they typically operate.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It should correct itself after driving 25 mph or more for 3 minutes and then drive at any speed for 10 minutes according to the SM. The Owner's manual says 16 mph, so go figure. Have you driven the car since swapping tires? There isn't anything in the settings for registering new TPMS sensors.

You may need to have the TPMS sensors registered with a TPMS activation tool. Some shops and stores will do this for free. I would imagine Infiniti would charge for it because that's how they typically operate.
Ok thanks ...I haven’t driven the car more then 2km so far so I’ll try it out my commute to work ...Hopefully it works

·
Registered
3,387 Posts
When I put my OEM rims/snows with my original TPMS's on for the winter it took a LONG time for them to re-register. I was quite surprised it took so long.

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
As Avedis said the TPMS sensors should relearn after a bit of driving, I just had my sensors cloned in my G37 without any issues.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
When I put my OEM rims/snows with my original TPMS's on for the winter it took a LONG time for them to re-register. I was quite surprised it took so long.
Same here. But, it does eventually.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Probably varies from car to car. When I put my winter's on this past weekend, the readings showed up within a half mile.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts