1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts
Noticed it last night. It's really cool

·
Premium Member
1,844 Posts
Does the car need to be running or the Smart Key near by?

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
Reactions: CarolinaQ50

·
Registered
139 Posts
While that's somewhat nice, I wish Infiniti would have made the Q-50 with a more useful trunk feature like remote motorized open & close capability. Of course things like that, power-folding mirrors, remote start, etc. - things that other luxury cars have might price this Infiniti $50K luxury sedan all the way up to $50.6K. ;)

·
Premium Member
1,844 Posts
While that's somewhat nice, I wish Infiniti would have made the Q-50 with a more useful trunk feature like remote motorized open & close capability. Of course things like that, power-folding mirrors, remote start, etc. - things that other luxury cars have might price this Infiniti $50K luxury sedan all the way up to $50.6K. ;)
Right now I am focusing on having fun riding people around, lifting my hands off the steering wheel, lifting both legs up saying, "Look mom no hands!!" as the car slows to a stop at a stoplight behind another car.:p

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
C'mon man, my 06 330i had that. No big thing.

·
Premium Member
739 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
Did you guys notice nice feature on your Q50?

The rear lights blink when trunk Lid closes:D correctly
It only blinks when you have the alarm armed, and subsequently open and close the trunk. It is indicating that the q50 alarm is armed. It won't blink if the car alarm is not armed when you close the trunk

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
Reactions: equetefue

·
Premium Member
739 Posts

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
Did you guys notice nice feature on your Q50?

The rear lights blink when trunk Lid closes:D correctly
I checked, and the lights don't blink. I guess I'll have to trade the car in for a BMW.:eek:;) Seriously, are you saying that ANYTIME the trunk closes, the lights blink? I've checked a couple of times, with engine on and engine off(always with the key fob in my pocket), and nothing changes. Not a big deal(actually, not a deal at all), but just curious.

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yes, the lights blink if your Q50 is locked and you open and close your trunk lid the lights blink, mine does, which means the trunk lid is armed closed and alarm is armed.

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
That clears it up. Basically, the lights blink if the car is LOCKED! The lights will do that any time you lock the car from the outside, whether it be the trunk or the doors being locked with the key fob. Nothing new.

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
That clears it up. Basically, the lights blink if the car is LOCKED! The lights will do that any time you lock the car from the outside, whether it be the trunk or the doors being locked with the key fob. Nothing new.
:cool:you don't get it.

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
:cool:you don't get it.
Obviously. My previous G always blinked the lights when the car was locked with the key fob(and even beeped the horn). So, this is just an extension of that. In other words, the car gives a signal when it is locked up. As I said, it's nothing new.

·
Premium Member
1,070 Posts
I think it only does so when the car is locked and alarm is activated, not when the car is just locked. So the blinking tailights is just to visually show that the car alarm is still armed and the rest of the car is still locked, even if the trunk is opened and then closed.

i know in my previous car (2000 Camry), if i opened the trunk while the car alarm was armed, it would set off the alarm. I would have to disarm the alarm (which meant unlocking the doors) in order to stop the car alarm.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Right now I am focusing on having fun riding people around, lifting my hands off the steering wheel, lifting both legs up saying, "Look mom no hands!!" as the car slows to a stop at a stoplight behind another car.:p

Hahaha exactly what I have been doing for the past 2 days since I've gotten the car.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.