Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if anyone has posted this already but I ran across it this morning and thought it was pretty good video so I wanted to share it.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Thanks for sharing! Unfortunately no IS300h for the US along with the Ultra Sonic Blue paint! These were the 2 hybrids I was considering but I think the Q50 would have still been my choice either way!

·
Premium Member
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for sharing! Unfortunately no IS300h for the US along with the Ultra Sonic Blue paint! These were the 2 hybrids I was considering but I think the Q50 would have still been my choice either way!
Yeah, I just read up on Consumer Reports that they won't offer the hybrid in the US for 2014; weird. I think the Lexus looks pretty sharp in the video and is cheaper when loaded (unless you go with the 350) than the Q50 but the review didn't wow me or make me reconsider my Q50!! BUT I do really like the daytime running lights. They are pretty cool and will definitely get you noticed!

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
1) That dashboard and overall interior design look worse to me, every time I see it.

2) I still would like to know how much Nike is paying Lexus to display their logo under the headlights. :D

·
Premium Member
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1) That dashboard and overall interior design look worse to me, every time I see it.

2) I still would like to know how much Nike is paying Lexus to display their logo under the headlights. :D
That is EXACTLY what I thought when I saw the daytime running lights, "Look, it's endorsed by Nike!" haha

·
Premium Member
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thought process:

1. Nike's are athletic shoes
2. Athletes are athletic
3. We want to make our car look more athletic.
4. Nike swoosh LED's! Huzzah!
NOW if they can just make ME look more athletic. I'd wear a swoosh every day! ha

·
Registered
396 Posts
I didn't even need to watch the video. I can imagine it's beautiful and all, but I've had enough of Lexus' "technology" standard, and IS is not improving much at all in that dept. So if you're a big tech person even when driving, and if you're actually getting excited about Q50's tech features (like me :p), I will BET that you won't be satisfied with IS.

But, of course it will be a better idea for you to just go to Lexus and take a look at their dashboard, and try that "pointing mouse"... ;)

·
Premium Member
1,569 Posts
Don't make this about me.

It's just hearing the same jokes pop up all the time gets a little old.

I figured you guys would've known to pull back a little or at the very least get some new material. :p
Be careful or Afrosheen will put the 'Predator' face on one of your avatars :D

·
Premium Member
1,070 Posts
Don't make this about me.

It's just hearing the same jokes pop up all the time gets a little old.

I figured you guys would've known to pull back a little or at the very least get some new material. :p
How about this then. The Lexus IS grill is exaggerated and overblown like one of SimpsonTide985's avatar girl's boobs :D

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
I dont get all the angst against the IS! I mean its cool that u dont like it but actually go after people that like it as well? If you hate the car so much why even bother going into a thread thats about it! I mean its not contributing to the thread or anything so I dont know what the fuss is all about!

·
Premium Member
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
How about this then. The Lexus IS grill is exaggerated and overblown like one of SimpsonTide985's avatar girl's boobs :D
Funny, when I first came on this forum I thought maybe Simpson was a gal and the avatar was her picture. You never know these days! Ha

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
The new lexus infotainment system is terrible. You have to go through more than one menu to get to the radio presets, and you can't even label the stations. Even xm stations only say their number not their name. Also, it has Bing search which you can use to find locations and then navigate to, but again you have to go through a bunch of menus, but if you just press the voice search button it won't use the Bing search to find things, they are two different systems that don't work together. It's also really easy to press the wrong thing with the "mouse." I spent a lot of time looking at the new GS and the interior is top notch and the 12" widescreen blows the q50 screen away, but the tech is almost unusable.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.