Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does any one has Q50 VIN decoder, Infiniti always used to have it OM but seems that Q50 OM doesn't have the VIN decoder.

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
SnowItch, I clicked on that link, and I got the message that my version of IE doesn't isn't supported. That's odd, since I have the latest version. I found this link, which explains, in general, what the letters and numbers mean:

VIN decoder. How to read and decode your VIN number

Unfortunately, I couldn't find any sites that had information on the Q50, specifically.

On a related note, I went to my insurance agent yesterday, after getting my 6-month insurance bill, which increased by more than $100 over what I was paying when I had the G. Supposedly, the VIN is supposed to indicate what safety devices are in the car, but it appears that it doesn't for the newer technology. On top of that, the insurance company representative that we talked to said that they don't have enough data yet on the type of technology in the Q50, to have that influence insurance rates. I don't know if they're just blowing smoke, or if they are truly waiting a while until they have more information.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Hmm... The link is to a google doc. Try chrome and see if that works.

What I posted is specific to the Q50. I pulled it out of the "Service Manual".

I tried to attach it to this post, but it is too big.

·
Registered
4,705 Posts
http://www.vindecoderz.com/EN/Infiniti
my malware blocks this site from me opening it, you sure its correct site and safe?
Don't bother. I went to the site with my Mac so I was not concerned about malware. The result was garbage. Not my car. I do not live in MA, never had it serviced there and purchased it at a different time than indicated.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.