Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
101 - 120 of 147 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Q50 Luxe
253 Posts
Maybe USAA is the exception to the rule but EVERY time I have had to make an insurance claim, it's been a nightmare.

Had 1 Mustang stolen and had to fight with my insurance company for about 3 months before I got them to give me what my highly modified car was really worth. Didn't realize that the insurance company had stopped paying for my rental car after 30 days until my checks started bouncing because the rental agency had been pulling money directly from my bank account to pay for the car!

Had another Mustang rear-ended and total'd and ended up taking my insurance company to small claims court to get another $3,000 out of them to give me the actual value of the car.

Had my first home insurance claim a couple of years ago when my water softener dumped water all over the kitchen floor. A job that should have taken the contractor maybe 3 months tops, took them 11 months!!!! Not having a functioning kitchen for months was a HUGE pain in the ass and the contractor the insurance company set us up with was completely incompetent. Almost fired them multiple times. Called a few local contractors but most of them didn't want to touch insurance work. Probably because insurance companies want to fight over every penny. One of them told me they would charge 3 times what the insurance company's contractor was bidding for the job.

Insurance companies are great when they're taking your money. But the second you make a claim they treat you like a criminal.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Maybe USAA is the exception to the rule but EVERY time I have had to make an insurance claim, it's been a nightmare.

Had 1 Mustang stolen and had to fight with my insurance company for about 3 months before I got them to give me what my highly modified car was really worth. Didn't realize that the insurance company had stopped paying for my rental car after 30 days until my checks started bouncing because the rental agency had been pulling money directly from my bank account to pay for the car!

Had another Mustang rear-ended and total'd and ended up taking my insurance company to small claims court to get another $3,000 out of them to give me the actual value of the car.

Had my first home insurance claim a couple of years ago when my water softener dumped water all over the kitchen floor. A job that should have taken the contractor maybe 3 months tops, took them 11 months!!!! Not having a functioning kitchen for months was a HUGE pain in the ass and the contractor the insurance company set us up with was completely incompetent. Almost fired them multiple times. Called a few local contractors but most of them didn't want to touch insurance work. Probably because insurance companies want to fight over every penny. One of them told me they would charge 3 times what the insurance company's contractor was bidding for the job.

Insurance companies are great when they're taking your money. But the second you make a claim they treat you like a criminal.
Sounds like your insurance company(ies) are the issue. It is not unusual for an insurance estimate to be off. No, I don't buy the conspiracy theories. If something is valued incorrectly on an insurance estimate there is a standard process for the contractor to submit for increasing the amount. This occurred on my hail damage restoration to my home and went through without any issue whatsoever.

It also sounds like you need to stop driving mustangs!! :)

Reactions: darien87

·
Registered
2018 Q50 Luxe
253 Posts
It also sounds like you need to stop driving mustangs!! :)
Hey man, 1 getting stolen and 1 getting rear-ended wasn't my fault. :p

The last 1 getting total'd was kinda my fault, (insurance companies called it 50/50). Hence why I drive the Q now. I felt it might have been time for me to grow up and stop driving like a maniac, but I had to have a car that at least had some balls.

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
Ugh!!

·
Premium Member
2018 Q50 Red Sport 400 AWD
6,703 Posts
Boo!

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
Wow!

·
Premium Member
2018 Q50 Red Sport 400 AWD
6,703 Posts
So, does someone take notes as far as the order things were disconnected so everything is hooked back up correctly when installing the new engine? I have to believe the shop has the factory service manual?

·
Registered
St. Louis, MO
1,538 Posts
Hahaha updated pictures as of 10/26. Pretty sure I'm not getting delivery 10/28.
Thanks for sharing your experience all the way through! Rarely do we get to see how these types of things actually turn out! Really rooting for you to get your car back as good or better than it was before this all happenned!

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Be a good time to do some upper DP's if OP was planning...That and maybe some upgraded turbos if OP was planning. Of course, those would really add to the budget $$! Of course if this isn't being done at the dealer.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #116 ·
I didn't even consider upgrades... Of course, I'm not sure how flexible they will be since they are warrantying the work...

Plus, I'm still on the fence of keeping the car. If it develops any chronic issues, it's going bye bye.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #118 ·
You guys want to see some sh!t? My last updates from repair shop.

Text 1

A problem came up with the engine. The mechanic spent the last few days preparing for installation. Everything was great until the engine was installed in the car. The flywheel is making contact with the block and will not spin. I reached out to the vendor that we purchased the engione from and USAA.

I told him I want that fugging car totalled. I'm so over this. So now, new used engine has to come out, and now shop is thinking with new costs, new engine acquisition, etc. that it will push costs over car value.

Fuggng sh!t, this car should have been totalled 3 months ago. Not to mention that the market has super softened, so the retail value of the car (and my payout) will have conceivably dropped a few thousand, and I've paid months of interest in a car I can't drive. I'm going to campaign for payout at time of accident.

This because some piece of garbage human didn't secure their load 90 days ago.

101 - 120 of 147 Posts