1,844 Posts
Thanks G!!! You know that's what I want to hear!! :D

Reactions: gbert15

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks G!!! You know that's what I want to hear!! :D
Yea! The Q50 has a deeper tone and this looks like its the non sport! Is there any difference between the sport and non sport exhaust sound?

·
Premium Member
1,844 Posts
Yea! The Q50 has a deeper tone and this looks like its the non sport! Is there any difference between the sport and non sport exhaust sound?
From what I can tell the Q50 sounds like the current G coupe exhaust, which I always thought was deeper than the G sedan.

Reactions: gbert15

·
Registered
171 Posts
im unable to watch the video clip posted at the moment.

but i went for a test drive yesterday.....and i was EXTREMELY disappointed

I currently have a G coupe...and i love the exhaust...the Q50 is just TOO QUIET. From inside (with window open)....you dont get to hear much

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
im unable to watch the video clip posted at the moment.

but i went for a test drive yesterday.....and i was EXTREMELY disappointed

I currently have a G coupe...and i love the exhaust...the Q50 is just TOO QUIET. From inside (with window open)....you dont get to hear much
More potential for aftermarket exhaust then?

·
Registered
276 Posts
Car sounds great from the outside, but I guess Infiniti did a good job with sound deadening. Do you guys know what the sport mode actually does to the exhaust? I though it just tweaks the throttle response and transmission patterns.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I am kind of disappointed...The Q50 does not sound like the G Coupe exhaust note at all. I think it is kind of quieter than the G sedan too actually...

:(

·
Registered
432 Posts
I am kind of disappointed...The Q50 does not sound like the G Coupe exhaust note at all. I think it is kind of quieter than the G sedan too actually...

:(
Honestly, I am soo glad it doesn't sound like the G coupe or sedan. I never really cared for that sound.

Has anyone done a "drive-by" video in normal and then sport mode first, to see how it sounds and secondly if there is a difference?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Honestly, I am soo glad it doesn't sound like the G coupe or sedan. I never really cared for that sound.
wow... i've always loved that. i used to park in a parking garage at work. i'll never forget the cheesy-ass smile on my face i got when i first started it in the garage. kind of like: :D

personal preference... i've just always thought it was one of the best OEM exhaust notes from a 6 cylinder.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I liked the tone of the 03 G35 coupe! Got a lot of compliments from it but I switched some parts up and ot was never the same! I think its the Y pipe that made that tone but when I changed to the 350z HR Y-pipe, it was never the same! Even more, when I changed to a Nismo 350z exhaust, the sound/gowl was basically gone but I think it perfomed better though! So I guess u gain some and u lose some! :D

Reactions: Bringonthenite

·
Registered
432 Posts
wow... i've always loved that. i used to park in a parking garage at work. i'll never forget the cheesy-ass smile on my face i got when i first started it in the garage. kind of like: :D

personal preference... i've just always thought it was one of the best OEM exhaust notes from a 6 cylinder.
It's all subjective, I just never cared for the sound.

·
Registered
106 Posts
The Q50 does have a better sounding exhaust than the G37 sedan in my Opinion. Its hard to hear from inside the car but i let a friend start my car and drive while i stood outside the car and I must say, it has a nice deep growl especially at startup.

·
Premium Member
1,070 Posts
The Q50 does have a better sounding exhaust than the G37 sedan in my Opinion. Its hard to hear from inside the car but i let a friend start my car and drive while i stood outside the car and I must say, it has a nice deep growl especially at startup.
It gets even better when you put it in sport mode. At least sitting inside. I would never allow anyone else except my wife drive my Q50 :D

·
Registered
432 Posts
I understand... Herein lies the reason why we have hundreds of manufacturers with thousands of option configurations :)
I literally had three different aftermarket exhausts for my M3 and they weren't cheap! Videos can be deceiving as I found out the hard way. I finally found the one I loved and then sold it. :rolleyes: So I highly suggest before anyone buys an exhaust see if you can listen to them in person.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I literally had three different aftermarket exhausts for my M3 and they weren't cheap! Videos can be deceiving as I found out the hard way. I finally found the one I loved and then sold it. :rolleyes: So I highly suggest before anyone buys an exhaust see if you can listen to them in person.
Couldn't agree more. Somewhat new to performance sedans, but have modded other vehicles and exhaust was always the most disappointing... Have to hear it in person... The videos never told the true story. I don't feel compelled to modify this vehicle... Yet :)

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.