Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,692 Posts
This looks great but yeah, 20's would be too big for this car. The overall diameter needs to be bigger.

Someone once came up with a rough guide to what looks pleasing when it comes to wheel gap. Basically, sidewall = wheel gap. So if there are 3" of sidewall from the rim, a 3" gap to the car's body looks good. A 20" rim would throw these proportions off unless the car was dropped an inch or so.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This looks great but yeah, 20's would be too big for this car. The overall diameter needs to be bigger.

Someone once came up with a rough guide to what looks pleasing when it comes to wheel gap. Basically, sidewall = wheel gap. So if there are 3" of sidewall from the rim, a 3" gap to the car's body looks good. A 20" rim would throw these proportions off unless the car was dropped an inch or so.
H&R will probably be coming out with some springs soon! Can't wait!

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
I might skip the springs and wait for coilovers instead but if those springs provide the proper drop and has a nice spring rate ill go for them! I will be going for 19s as far as aftermarket wheels go! Ill try and match or get a lower weight so I wont lose power, which is one of the reasons I picked the Hybrid for!

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
What are the rims in your avatar? CV7s?
Yes sir! Have some chopped wheels here:

http://www.infinitiq50.org/forum/new-2014-infiniti-q50-pictures/297-photoshopped-some-wheels.html

Was originally planning to abandon the cv7s since it only came in 20s and I would lose power because of the bigger diameter but recently got a tip that vossen is releasing 19" version of them so happy days! Im still reconsidering going back to SSR SP1s but from my previous experience on my old 20s, they have weak barrels and I quickly had dents compared to my Volk GT7s before that!

We shall see how everything goes and what route I will take! :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.