Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My wife borrowed my car this morning and got cut off driving to work, car has 250 miles.

Now it gets to sit in the collision shop for weeks!

Attachments

·
Registered
289 Posts
My wife borrowed my car this morning and got cut off driving to work, car has 250 miles.

Now it gets to sit in the collision shop for weeks!

Holy #$#@$:eek::eek: Sorry to hear that!!! :(

Must be a sign, I was going to give in and let my wife hold the car for a couple of days while I was out of town....

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
250 miles, I have never put gas in the car and picked it up Saturday.
She had driven it a total of 14 miles.

Glad my wife is ok, except she feels horrible.

I just keep telling myself, 'its just a car'...
Its just a 2014, self driving, loaded, tinted, formerly flawless, first new car I bought in years... car

·
Premium Member
1,844 Posts
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!:mad:

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
250 miles, I have never put gas in the car and picked it up Saturday.
She had driven it a total of 14 miles.

Glad my wife is ok, except she feels horrible.

I just keep telling myself, 'its just a car'...
Its just a 2014, self driving, loaded, tinted, formerly flawless, first new car I bought in years... car
Its just a fender, headlight, bumper, and some plastic innards.

Appreciate the fact that she still has her 2 arms and 2 legs and she is breathing...my friend.

Make sure you grab a bottle of wine tonight and make some love to your lady. Your wife is 10000x more beautiful to you than your car.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Ouch! Glad to hear your wife is okay though but it does suck man!

Hope they can restore things close to brand new man! I am sure it will always be in the back of your mind though and will never be the same but I hope it goes to a good body shop!

·
Registered
110 Posts
My wife asked to drive my Q50 every now and then.. so I bought her a new 2014 Murano. Problem Solved.

Sorry to hear about your q50, glad your wife is doing well.

Good luck with the repair.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Its just a fender, headlight, bumper, and some plastic innards.

Appreciate the fact that she still has her 2 arms and 2 legs and she is breathing...my friend.

Make sure you grab a bottle of wine tonight and make some love to your lady. Your wife is 10000x more beautiful to you than your car.
You are absolutely right...

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
My wife asked to drive my Q50 every now and then.. so I bought her a new 2014 Murano. Problem Solved.

Sorry to hear about your q50, glad your wife is doing well.

Good luck with the repair.
Dang bro! Some of us are not as baller as u that we can just buy a new car whenever the wifey starts to ask to drive our Q50! Hahaha! :D

·
Registered
396 Posts
Sorry to hear that! I'm glad your wife is safe and sound.As all other said, that's the most important part. I know exactly how she feels, OK, maybe not exactly.The car I wrecked (got hit) was MY Q50, and I probably would feel even worse if I wrecked my husband's. :(

A few thoughts from someone whose Q50 was in collision shop on day 7 of delivery.

1) Make sure you use a HIGHEST quality professional body shop! Let only the people who are certified to repair 2014 MB/BMW/Audi... to touch your car!

2) Contact Infiniti Customer Affair. ... The body shop will have tremendous difficulty finding the parts since the car is so new. They can only get it from assembly line in Japan. That means TIME!! And ICA representative can help you to track and push the order for parts. I learned this much later than I should, but at least that lady has been extremely helpful during the last month!

3) Be patient. Depending on how many parts you need, the repair can drag long. Not because how bad the damage, but merely because you don't get the parts easily. Have a thorough back up plan for driving arrangement. (My car was in shop Sept 12 and I STILL haven't got it back yet! Of course the stupid offending driver hit/damaged my Q a lot worse. :mad:)

4) Make sure Inifiti service dept takes final look/evaluation of it after repair, before you take it back! It has too much modern technology and you REALLY want to make sure it's in factory condition when you have it again. (Luckily, the computer system probably will give you tons of "error" messages on InTouch if it isn't right. ...)

Can't think of anything else right now. Good luck! It's not a good thing to be in THIS same boat, but if there's any question about the process etc, feel free to ask/pm me. At least I kinda have been thru this horrible thing. It's so sad to see those pictures on this forum, similar to mine....

Take care, both you and your wife! Try to have a nice holiday!

·
Registered
396 Posts
The safety feature is off by default. She probably didn't turn on the "Safety Shield" button.
Also, did she hit someone car or the other car hit her?
:eek: I didn't know that. Where is that Safety Shield" button? Did you mean the one button on right side steeling wheel which turns on ALL safety ("nanny aide") features? I BETTER make a reminder for myself to do this FIRST THING once I get my car back!! :mad: ( My Q has all packages...)

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.