Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I've read about a lot of issues, but still i'm not sure whether it all is related to q50 which was made in 2013 or also 2014? Do 2014 q50 has the same problems like 2013?

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Can you provide any additional information on that?
Which one SimpsonTide ?

I wrote 3 things down.

I guess maybe the op meant 2014 -> 2015 now that I'm reading this again.
Because we all have 2014 models. :rolleyes:

I think no info yet on 2015 models.
Or I haven't seen any.

But back to his question.. if he meant literally a car sold in 2013 vs one sold now in 2014, they are the same car.
[edit] DAS modules updated.. other.. not so sure?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have Q50S with all options since Aug 2013, never have problems of any kind yet.
The DAS modules software updated last week.
Some owners report some issues, in fact most of the issues occur because people do not wait for the system fully boot-up (it takes about 90 seconds) and start drive, then it may have error.
It is a big draw back on Q50 for the booting time, since we all get use to start the car and drive right away, except for cold winter days.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have Q50S with all options since Aug 2013, never have problems of any kind yet.
The DAS modules software updated last week.
Some owners report some issues, in fact most of the issues occur because people do not wait for the system fully boot-up (it takes about 90 seconds) and start drive, then it may have error.
It is a big draw back on Q50 for the booting time, since we all get use to start the car and drive right away, except for cold winter days.
I don't think it has anything to do with boot times of InTouch. I have never waited more than 10 sec after starting my car before I'm driving and never had an issue with DAS or InTouch.

I do think it has everything to do with extreme cold temperatures as most people with DAS issues are reporting these conditions. Also the DAS update specifically mentions this as well.

Q50S Hybrid AWD w Navi & Deluxe Tech at 2K miles

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I had my car for over 6 months and almost 10K miles and never got any issue when I start the car and drive right away. You shouldn't have to wait for the Intouch to load completely before driving. If you have issue with that, you better take it to your dealer and get it fix.
Now, I do wait for the Intouch to load completely before I start touching it. My Intouch take less than a minute to load completely. Not sure why your is 1 minutes and a half long.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm curious how many cars of all production have had at least 1 issue with das/intouch.
e.g. there is an info that "only 23 Q50 sedans are impacted by the dangerous software glitch." , but when I read this forum post by post, i'm sure that this is bullshit :)

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
Since the release of Q50, Infiniti has sold/leased appx 18-21 thousand Q50s.

The people reporting problems with Q50 are about less than 1% of the members of this forum(my best estimate).

BTW: I had zero issues with my Q50 ( production date of July 2013).
Delivered to me in Sept 2013.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for optimistic info :) Also my dealer (in EU) told me that till this moment, they have no issues reported by q50s' owners. Hope that it is true.

Since the release of Q50, Infiniti has sold/leased appx 18-21 thousand Q50s.

The people reporting problems with Q50 are about less than 1% of the members of this forum(my best estimate).

BTW: I had zero issues with my Q50 ( production date of July 2013).
Delivered to me in Sept 2013.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.