Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was driving up to EZ pass booth and Chevy Suburban decides he does not have correct change or EZ pass and swerves across 3 lanes without looking. The Q50s brakes out stopped his large road hazard and driving skills with ease.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No I don't have the safety braking feature. I wa posting based on how good the braking is in the Q50s, I thought for sure I was going to broadside the suburban. Thankfully the Q50s stops quicker than all my previous cars including g35x, mustang gt, rx7 etc ...and I don't want to be in accident with a suburban:)

Reactions: SnowItch

·
Premium Member
1,844 Posts
I have the Tech Package, and a couple days ago a guy pulls out in front of me with his BMW and for some reason I obviously wasn't going to hit the brakes. Eventually I am sure that I would have, but I wanted to scare him for one. The Q50 actually detected the fool of a driver and applied the brakes before he got scared and then he moved to the other lane.:p

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have the Tech Package, and a couple days ago a guy pulls out in front of me with his BMW and for some reason I obviously wasn't going to hit the brakes. Eventually I am sure that I would have, but I wanted to scare him for one. The Q50 actually detected the fool of a driver and applied the brakes before he got scared and then he moved to the other lane.:p
Ha ha!! I love doing this! It works really well when you’re on a motorcycle. When someone would pull out in front of me, I would lock up the back tire. The idiot that pulled in front of me would hear squealing tires and see a motorcycle on their back bumper. I think one lady had to go home and change her pants she got so scared. :D

Reactions: CarolinaQ50

·
Registered
432 Posts
Too many jerks on the road on the interstate on my commute to work.

Some guy in his Accord V6 thought he could taunt me by running along side me then just cutting me off. He eventually got left in the dust.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Too many jerks on the road on the interstate on my commute to work.

Some guy in his Accord V6 thought he could taunt me by running along side me then just cutting me off. He eventually got left in the dust.
Don't mind him, it's typical of Honda drivers to do that :D
A lot of Honda drivers are d-bags. go on any Honda forum and you'll immediately feel a different vibe going on, much unlike the mature crowd you'd find on a Infiniti forum like this.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Don't mind him, it's typical of Honda drivers to do that :D
A lot of Honda drivers are d-bags. go on any Honda forum and you'll immediately feel a different vibe going on, much unlike the mature crowd you'd find on a Infiniti forum like this.
LOL. I saw his mouth moving while looking in the rear view mirror and the only thing I could imagine he was saying was: "How?!? But my vtec kicked in yoo"

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah I out accelerated a Acura NSX this summer with my mustang GT convertible, but the Honda owners still think the NSX is a super car?

·
Registered
853 Posts
Yeah I out accelerated a Acura NSX this summer with my mustang GT convertible, but the Honda owners still think the NSX is a super car?
The Mustang V6 runs with the Q50 0-60. So what does that say about the Q50? The NSX is an incredible car, comparing simple acceleration is missing the point.

As for the Q50 stopping. About a month ago I was driving home in the rain. I feel the Q hit the brakes and at the same time, I see the car in front of me slamming on their brakes. 3 cars hit each other in front of me. The Q stopped with lots of room to spare. At that moment, the tech package was a no brainer. Not sure about the 2 cars ahead thing as it happened so fast I couldn't tell, but the car ccertainly recognized the accident about to happen and came to a complete stop.

·
Registered
289 Posts
The Mustang V6 runs with the Q50 0-60. So what does that say about the Q50? The NSX is an incredible car, comparing simple acceleration is missing the point.

As for the Q50 stopping. About a month ago I was driving home in the rain. I feel the Q hit the brakes and at the same time, I see the car in front of me slamming on their brakes. 3 cars hit each other in front of me. The Q stopped with lots of room to spare. At that moment, the tech package was a no brainer. Not sure about the 2 cars ahead thing as it happened so fast I couldn't tell, but the car ccertainly recognized the accident about to happen and came to a complete stop.
Cool!!

I'm definitely kicking myself for not getting the tech pkg. if that was on my car I PROBABLY would let the missus drive every now and then.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Cool!!

I'm definitely kicking myself for not getting the tech pkg. if that was on my car I PROBABLY would let the missus drive every now and then.
For me, the Tech Package was THE reason I bought the car. I've never been an expensive car kind of guy, but with a 1 year old son, I convinced myself that this technology will be safer when driving little man around. And while he wasn't in the car that time, I'm thankful that the technology does work and would have saved him from injury.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.