Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Neighbor (A Ford employee) is giving me **** about my purchase.

I test drove a Taurus months ago and it did not impress. Also I could not justify a 48k Ford!!

What do you think?

·
Registered
225 Posts
Who cares what he thinks? It's your car, not his.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
The new SHO is the size of a tank, and about as stylish. However, I did own a 1994 and a 1999. They were great cars in their time. Unfortunately, they were the quality of Fords, with great Yamaha engines.

Reactions: Dstew

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
Oh c'mon, what's that all about? :confused:

Seriously though, The Ford Taurus SHO is an incredible machine. It's a little pricey but compared to its competition and comparing HP and performance, it's quite an unusual mix of practicality, low range luxury, and power.

Listen, the Taurus SHO doesn't really compete with the Q50 on any level other than price point. The Taurus is a large car and not tuned for sporty or spirited/aggressive driving per se, but it's probably more fun to drive than the majority of the sedans in the large family sedan segment.

I test drove a Taurus months ago and it did not impress. Also I could not justify a 48k Ford!!
Are you sure it was $48k? I know it starts at around $39k now but there Taurus still has a lot going for it (I know---I've done extensive research on the car back in 2010).

Also, whether it's a Ford or not is pretty irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. The Ford SHO is shocked filled with features and is, to me, the Q50 of its segment from a technology perspective (having several features that the Q50 currently does not have)

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Oh c'mon, what's that all about? :confused:

Seriously though, The Ford Taurus SHO is an incredible machine. It's a little pricey but compared to its competition and comparing HP and performance, it's quite an unusual mix of practicality, low range luxury, and power.

Listen, the Taurus SHO doesn't really compete with the Q50 on any level other than price point. The Taurus is a large car and not tuned for sporty or spirited/aggressive driving per se, but it's probably more fun to drive than the majority of the sedans in the large family sedan segment.

Are you sure it was $48k? I know it starts at around $39k now but there Taurus still has a lot going for it (I know---I've done extensive research on the car back in 2010).

Also, whether it's a Ford or not is pretty irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. The Ford SHO is shocked filled with features and is, to me, the Q50 of its segment from a technology perspective (having several features that the Q50 currently does not have)
Yes I'm sure... 48k (slightly more with tax,doc,etc..) It was a pretty decently loaded car

I understand that 'value' is based on what a consumer is willing to pay, but for that kind of coin I'd probably go with a decently equipped 2013 G37x (or a lease on new BMW)... snob! :p

Attachments

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
I parked next to a Taurus yesterday, and as I was walking away, I got a good comparison of the two. My first thought was that the Taurus looked like an elephant next to my Q50. Silly, I know, but the thing just looked BIG(it was also white, which didn't help). As far as praising it because of all the technology it has, that was one of the major points by Consumer reports in criticizing Ford's reliability. To me, that is not a great selling point.:rolleyes:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.