Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wondering if anyone else has experienced any vibration problems with their q50s Non-hybrid with braking from higher speeds (80mph). I am having this problem well I did yesterday where my car would vibrate enough that even the passengers could feel it, when slowing down using normal brake force.

I thought of it as odd since my car only has 4100 miles. could my rotors be warped or were the brakes just overheated after coming down a 5 mile hill with minimal brake usage.

any thoughts on this? my car is going in for service ASAP for...
-oil change
-intouch update
-buttons become unresponsive
-horrible smell when sunroof is open
-now this (brake issue)

I am disappointed in this :(

·
Registered
324 Posts
I had 2000 Pontiac Grand Am that had three sets of warped rotors before 11,000 miles. Aside from the fact that is/was the worst form of transportation ever devised by mankind (including the "It Bike" from South Park), the possibility does exist for a manufacturing problem.

By the way, after the third replacement, Ponticrap told me to replace them with aftermarket brakes. Which i did.... StopTechs... and problem solved.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Horrible smell when sunroof is open? Maybe it's the air where you live. How can an open sunroof create a smell?
Its not the air where I live, LOL. I can have all the rest of the windows open and its fine, only happens when I have the sunroof open(everything else closed). Im guessing it might have to do with the headliner and letting it air out.

·
Premium Member
1,692 Posts
I remember my 2004 G35 would burn through pads like there was no tomorrow. Replaced them with Hawk HPS pads and aftermarket rotors and they lasted 60+k.

I know, not helpful, but obviously this is a run-it-by-the-dealer thing. Make sure you take the service tech on a ride with you so he can feel it for himself.

·
Registered
478 Posts
I'm not sure the sunroof can create a bad smell when it is open? Unless the motor is burning out or something. I have had a client that had a leak in the sunroof, but that puddled on the floor and wouldn't only smell when the roof was open (this was fixed through warranty). As for the brakes, just get them checked like everyone else is saying. I have driven many of these and have never experienced that type of pedal feel. If you do not have the newest InTouch update, this will help speed your system up as well. Hope this information helps.

·
Registered
395 Posts
If rotors are warped, you should feel vibration or brake pulsing at slower speeds too. If you ecperienced vibration only this once, then it is more likely that a caliper pin that froze from the heat. Most shops do not check the caliper pins so make sure your shop checks them out and makes sure they are lubricated well.

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
I had this issue...and the rotors needed to be resurfaced. Since then, the vibration has disappeared.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am wondering if anyone else has experienced any vibration problems with their q50s Non-hybrid with braking from higher speeds (80mph). I am having this problem well I did yesterday where my car would vibrate enough that even the passengers could feel it, when slowing down using normal brake force.

I thought of it as odd since my car only has 4100 miles. could my rotors be warped or were the brakes just overheated after coming down a 5 mile hill with minimal brake usage.

any thoughts on this? my car is going in for service ASAP for...
-oil change
-intouch update
-buttons become unresponsive
-horrible smell when sunroof is open
-now this (brake issue)

I am disappointed in this :(
Did you find any solution? i got my car a few days ago and only have 80 miles on it and im getting viberation while braking regardless of what speed im going. Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
1,844 Posts
Did you find any solution? i got my car a few days ago and only have 80 miles on it and im getting viberation while braking regardless of what speed im going. Any suggestions?
Dealership:|

Reactions: maddsiick

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
Horrible smell when sunroof is open? Maybe it's the air where you live. How can an open sunroof create a smell?
Yea, usually it's the smells that happen when the sunroof is closed that I worry about, especially if my cousin is in the car.

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
im having the same problem and i just got the car 3 days ago and only have 80 miles on the car so far and its been viberating since day1. any suggestions?
I'd take it to the dealership and have them look at it...you probably just need resurfacing of the rotors or maybe there's something else thats wrong.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Not yet I am going to get it checked out tomorrow, I will update this with what they tell me. They basically told me to suck it up for the InTouch "freezing" that its all part of it...(probably only infiniti I will ever buy, if there is no fix for this in the upcoming months)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just had the 15K service on my 2014 Q50. I experienced vibrations from the brakes which turned out to be warped rotors both front & back. Service rep said it was possibly from extended downhill braking or perhaps tire dressing contaminating the rotors. Those might be legit explanations, but they don't apply to my driving environment and I don't use excessive tire dressing.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Just had the 15K service on my 2014 Q50. I experienced vibrations from the brakes which turned out to be warped rotors both front & back. Service rep said it was possibly from extended downhill braking or perhaps tire dressing contaminating the rotors. Those might be legit explanations, but they don't apply to my driving environment and I don't use excessive tire dressing.
Was it covered under warranty?

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.