Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know much life I will get out of the front brake pads? I currently have 67,000km on the original front pads and they dont seem to be wearing out quickly at all. Rears are another story, had to change those at 44,000km.

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
Pad life varies a lot depending on driving conditions and driving habits. I do expect my front pads to go over 50k miles easily while the rear pads might not even reach 45k miles.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pad life varies a lot depending on driving conditions and driving habits. I do expect my front pads to go over 50k miles easily while the rear pads might not even reach 45k miles.
Would you know if there is anyway for me to check it without removing the wheels or calipers? its very hard to tell.

I heard infiniti has a special tool to read the pad life without removing the wheel.

·
Registered
3,738 Posts
Would you know if there is anyway for me to check it without removing the wheels or calipers? its very hard to tell.

I heard infiniti has a special tool to read the pad life without removing the wheel.
You should be able to see the pads from the access panel at the top of the calipers, you may need to turn your wheel to get a better look at it however.
Not a perfect measurement by any means but it will give you a good idea.

Besides your wear indicators will start squeaking on you once they get really low.

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
My brakes squeal often at parking speeds, but are very easy to see. I can not speak to the OEM pad life. I have ATC OFF in personal mode to keep the rear pads from being used unnecessarily.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You should be able to see the pads from the access panel at the top of the calipers, you may need to turn your wheel to get a better look at it however.
Not a perfect measurement by any means but it will give you a good idea.

Besides your wear indicators will start squeaking on you once they get really low.

Theres an access panel at the top of the calipers? I never knew there was one there...im usually trying to look through the side opening but its very difficult to tell whats what.

·
Registered
3,738 Posts
Theres an access panel at the top of the calipers? I never knew there was one there...im usually trying to look through the side opening but its very difficult to tell whats what.
Hah well the side opening is the access panel, just poor phrasing on my part.

·
Premium Member
283 Posts

·
Registered
2,503 Posts

·
Premium Member
283 Posts
I have seen it used many times on several different manufacturers vehicles without removing the wheel but removing the wheel does make it a bit easier.

·
Premium Member
283 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts