Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone could help me with finding ecu pins. I have a broken on causing quite a few codes( confirmed by dealer) but I can't seem to find this female terminal anywhere..... does anyone know the name of it, the Guage. What other cars have it. Please help.

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
I can’t help with the detail you are looking for however those that might be able to help you will need at a minimum:

• Year and trim of your car
  • Current DTC codes
  • What plug/connector
  • Error symptoms
  • Any other specific related details that you can provide

·
Super Moderator
Murrieta, CA, USA
6,429 Posts
Probably a dumb question but could it be that empty hole #9?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes it is number 9 hole, I had removed it. The actual pin inside is broken. I need to find the same one and re crimp it on. But I can't seem to find the pin.

·
Premium Member
2018 Q50 Red Sport 400 AWD
4,665 Posts
The piece you are holding in the pic is what is broken, correct? I would have to believe all of these pins (both the male and female parts) are the same throughout the whole wiring harness. Go to a salvage yard (or find a unused connector inside your car), pull a pin out of a connector and clip it off with a couple inches of wire attached to it. Clip off the broken one and solder the unbroken wire onto it and insert the unbroken pin into the connector and use some shrink tubing to insulate it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes the one in my hand is broken. Unfortunately there are no unused pins and pulling pins off these cars is hard to so because no one wants to ruin a harness they can sell with a motor.

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
That female contact doesn't look broke. It looks like it just came out of the plug. Those types of contacts typically have a tab that retains the pin in the connector. Just lift the tab back out and use some dental tools to push it back in the connector enough to clip back in. Do it without being plugged into the ECU.

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
12,826 Posts
That female contact doesn't look broke. It looks like it just came out of the plug. Those types of contacts typically have a tab that retains the pin in the connector. Just lift the tab back out and use some dental tools to push it back in the connector enough to clip back in. Do it without being plugged into the ECU.
Pin looks intact to me. Check the retention tab as Ddnspider mentioned. That connector appears to me to be F142 based on wire colors. Terminal No. 95 should be a gray wire for one of the ECM grounds.

Here's F142:

Pin #96 is the Throttle Control Motor power supply and is red. Pin #94 is the A/F Sensor 1 Heater for Bank #1 and is white.

·
Super Moderator
Murrieta, CA, USA
6,429 Posts
You can use T taps and just install a short jumper wire across the plug.

·
Premium Member
2018 Q50 Red Sport 400 AWD
4,665 Posts
You can use T taps and just install a short jumper wire across the plug.
I understood this as the harness plugging into the ECU. No wire to tap into on the other side.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The tab is broken 100 percent. It's literally a square hole now. Can I bring that ground to another ground? Can I take wire number 95 (ecu ground) and t tab it off another ground. The ecu has many grounds coming out of it.

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
If its an ECM ground then its an input to the ECM. You need to get a wire attached somehow. It looks like the connector will come apart if you lift the grey plastic on the top/bottom of it. See if you can get something in there and solder it into place.

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
12,826 Posts
I'm not a fan of doing this but pin #87 in connector F142 is another ECM ground (black wire). In the SM wiring diagram, pin #95 grounds to the same ground as pin #87. It should work but I'd prefer buying another pin and replace the #95 pin with the missing tab.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
We're can I buy this pin. I can't find it online or anywhere. So if I attached the grey wire (#95) to wire (#87) it would work? .... so meaning grey wire #95 is getting ground from esu not giving it to it?

·
Registered
191 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
12,826 Posts
We're can I buy this pin. I can't find it online or anywhere. So if I attached the grey wire (#95) to wire (#87) it would work? .... so meaning grey wire #95 is getting ground from esu not giving it to it?
Both pin #95 and pin #87 terminate to the same ground. It should work but I won't guarantee it.

The connector type is: RH76FBR-RZ8-FHY2-RH.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts