Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
I got $4k below MSRP early this month, which is already quite a bit under invoice. There's a even dealer on truecar with $5k+ discount, but that dealer is too far away from me.

·
Registered
13 Posts
If you give me exactly what is in the vehicle I can give you exact invoice. I for example have Q50S RWD with Navi and spare tire. Nothing else. $42,600.

·
Registered
6 Posts
How about a Q50s hybrid with deluxe tech package? How much would that really be? The dealer here in Guam is quoting me $54,700. That's about $2,000 above MSRP. I'm still negotiating at this point but I really really want to get the Q50 already. Oh and they're giving me the 2015 already too.

·
Premium Member
1,844 Posts
How about a Q50s hybrid with deluxe tech package? How much would that really be? The dealer here in Guam is quoting me $54,700. That's about $2,000 above MSRP. I'm still negotiating at this point but I really really want to get the Q50 already. Oh and they're giving me the 2015 already too.
Any other factory or dealer installed options?
And they are giving you a 2015? Are you waiting until September, because I thought that is when Infiniti stated that is when the 2015 model was going to be released?

·
Registered
70 Posts
The invoice for a stock RWD Q50 in Canada is $34,500. All of the trim packages are below $40,000 invoice. One month ago Infiniti Canada was offering Hybrid's for $10,000 (in Canada these cars are fully loaded, only option is S) and Coupes for $8,000 off. They make over $15,000 on these cars if you don't argue them down and in all honesty sales people no longer deserve commission. At least off of me because I show up to the dealership knowing more about the vehicles than they do and it's their freaking job!

·
Registered
478 Posts
We have a 6% margin from MSRP to Invoice, not $15,000 or even a third of that haha. Also, if your sales person doesn't know more about the vehicle than you (unless you're a car freak like me :p), then you need to go to a different dealership.

Also @armitutz, I would make sure that they aren't lying to you about the 2015. We have not even had the chance to order them here in the US, and they take 90 days to get here once we order them. If so, you can fill everyone in on differences (if there are any)!

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Anyone getting the car for invoice or less?

TrueCar has a dealer that has a price way under invoice. Not sure how valid that price is.
Yes, you can get some cars under invoice if there are incentives to dealer/consumer and not to overlook 2-3% holdbacks dealer get.

Let say car sells for 50k "invoice" and there is incentive 2k, dealer may sell it for 48,500 and still make 500 + holdbacks

As for TrueCar - never go to the dealer listing lowest price - 99% that dealer is a scumbag and you will be subjected to bait&switch and time consuming diminishing games.

Educate yourself on how car negotiation works and trust your homework
and do ALL your negotiation over emails - so you will have proof and if dealer will back off - you could take them to the court - just like they would if you would sign a deal and back out of it (depends if your state has grace period)

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
I can't agree more with @David_in_CT. I got mine pver $2000 below the invoice. It is how you negotiate. I got my negotiation done in 20 minutes and out of dealership in less than an hour. I had to pick up the car next day though because I went there after work. Make sure you know what you wanted though! The only thing I regret not getting is the welcoming light!

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
I can't agree more with @David_in_CT. I got mine pver $2000 below the invoice. It is how you negotiate. I got my negotiation done in 20 minutes and out of dealership in less than an hour. I had to pick up the car next day though because I went there after work. Make sure you know what you wanted though! The only thing I regret not getting is the welcoming light!

Thats awesome.
I thought I was special with my VPP pricing.
But people (like you) are beating it.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Yes, VPP will get you invoice, and if you negotiate, you can get even better than that. This is especially true at the end of the month because sales consultants will be trying to hit their bonuses. I have seen plenty of losing deals on these, just will take a little bit of elbow grease to get there ;).

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Thats awesome.
I thought I was special with my VPP pricing.
But people (like you) are beating it.
I am not trying to rip sales guy's commision or dealer but if both sides agree I don't see problem with it. I forgot to mention that I spent more time on doing my homework and deciding which one I need. Before going to dealer, we already had partial agreement. Also, I paid cash which makes the negotiation easier.

When I saw the receipt, I saw they put lots of rebates on it including VPP even though I was not requesting it. My process was fast and I was not wasting anyone time. Went to dealer and out! The sales guy picked me up the next morning with fully loaded M56 then I went to work with new car.

The only regret I had was buying the 5 years maintenance plan for $2300 (originally $2700) which covered every 3000 miles. I found it unnecessary and more expensive if I just do it myself. That's my mistake not doing my homework!

·
Registered
6 Posts
We have a 6% margin from MSRP to Invoice, not $15,000 or even a third of that haha. Also, if your sales person doesn't know more about the vehicle than you (unless you're a car freak like me :p), then you need to go to a different dealership.

Also @armitutz, I would make sure that they aren't lying to you about the 2015. We have not even had the chance to order them here in the US, and they take 90 days to get here once we order them. If so, you can fill everyone in on differences (if there are any)!
We only have one Infiniti dealership here on island so I really have no other choice but we are currently negotiating the price. They told me that they would make the order by the end of this month and the car should be here by end of september. I'm excited to see what the difference is on the 2015 also! I didn't even believe it when they told me but they said the quote and order comes from the Infiniti USA. I'll definitely keep everyone posted when I get the car, I'm SUUUPEER excited!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Any other factory or dealer installed options?
And they are giving you a 2015? Are you waiting until September, because I thought that is when Infiniti stated that is when the 2015 model was going to be released?
Just the deluxe tech package with nav. They told me that they would make the order by the end of this month and then I will have the car by end of september. I'm still negotiating the price as we speak. *cross fingers :)

·
Registered
478 Posts
Sounds good! Keep us posted as you get closer to picking up your Q50!

·
Registered
71 Posts
I was a dealer this weekend here in FL trying to pickup a new Q if i went with the S i would be getting a $2500 off MSRP and if i went with base model i would get $2300 off. Im really upside down on my IS so my question is do you think they have more room to play with on whichever one i decide to go with?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.