Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently experienced a whining noise during acceleration. 2015 Q50S with 123,000Kms. Had transmission checked and fluid replaced however still whining happening. Could this be a wheel bearing or any ideas from anyone who has experienced this type of noise?

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
Mother-in-law in the back seat? Sorry, couldn't resist.

Seriously though, it could be a lot of things. Wheel bearing, tires? How many miles on them? Some makes and models of tires tend to get noisier as they wear. A lot noisier. Is it AWD? Maybe transfer case. Just guessing here.

Reactions: q50adix

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
4,223 Posts
TURBOS baby!!!!

Just kidding.. that's a lot of miles. It could be a lot of things. Have you ever has a serpentine belt problem??? Just asking since a few people have had belts disintegrate and cause damage.

A few things:

Have you had your transmission flushed? It takes a couple of times to get the crud out

Have you had your differential fluids changed?

If AWD the transfer case fluid changed?

A whining noise is not usually like a wheel bearing.

The previous posts pretty much coveted covered it. Not a whole lot to go with here.
I hope you get it sorted out.

Keep us posted.

·
Registered
3,439 Posts
That’s a 2015 so it must be a VQ (non-turbo)

Is there a noise when you just rev the engine?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone for the information. No Mother-In-Law so that is ruled out. LOL Tranny already flushed with new fluid added. No turbo and yes AWD. Tires for summer are new and winters are also new. Does not happen when revving engine in park or neutral only once I get up to 80Kms\Hr and higher driving. Just started to happened a couple of months ago. Will check serpentine belt and other suggestions about fluids for transfer case and differential.

Thanks Everyone

Gman

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
9,810 Posts
He hasn't posted for 8 months. I doubt you'll get a response.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts