Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, my name is Joe and I'm brand new to this forum.
Anyways here is my Q50S that I just got back from Advance Performance in Tampa FL.

Advance Performance got together with BC Suspension to develop a Coilover system for this car. My car was used as the prototype.
I highly recommend these guys. I've personally known Mike, the shop owner, for a few years now, and he has always been very helpful on all of my projects. As you know, no one makes a coilover for these cars. Mike worked with BC to fast track a fully functioning kit for me. If anyone else is interested in this kit, give Mike a call and I'm sure he will be able to help you.

The wheels we went with are K3Projekt F2 with Hankook V12 tires.
20x9 front and 20x10.5 rear.
245/35/20 fronts and 275/30/20 rears.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Nicely done bro! U beat me to it but I thought Jorge of Velgen Wheels was the one who did the R&D?

Btw, what are the offsets of the wheels! Now that the ssr gtvs are out, I might go back to my 19" plan!

Pls share your settings and how much you lowered as well! :D

Reactions: Platinumv37

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry, I corrected the typo above. They are 20x9 front and 20x10.5" rear. I do not know who Jorge of Velgen wheels is, but Mike at Advance worked with Kerry of BC to get my car over to Orlando to prototype this kit. My car has the first kit they produced and I have had the car for a week now. We started this over a month ago.

The offset in the rear is 45mm. The front comes as a 35mm but they did not clear the brakes. We put a 10mm spacer and to me it sits perfect. I'm not sure what the factory height numbers were, because the original install and height adjustment was done at BC. I just told Mike to lower it until it sat just above the new wheels and tires:) It was pretty close as it came from BC. We just had to lower another 1/4" I believe.

joe

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Hmmm cuz on here he had his for 2 weeks already!

Instagram

Ohhh! I like the height man! Seems to sit perfect! Any pics from the back? Wanna see how the stance is!

Reactions: Platinumv37

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
Nice wheels. I wouldn't do all that open space if I had the stock calipers, but it looks nice with the sport brakes.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not trying to start anything but I can guarantee that he didnt do the R&D on this kit unless he works for BC. When we called BC a month or so ago, they had nothing. Mike set me up with BC and helped me get a deal in exchange for me leaving my car with them in Orlando. They were not sure if they were going to be able to use off the shelf parts or have to have Taiwan make new stuff. Fortunately, they were able to use parts they had in stock from different cars I guess. The suspension on this car is nothing like the G37 and none of those parts were used from my understanding.

I'm sure as soon as my kit was done, BC called other people who they knew were looking for this application. Sounds like this guy Jorge might be embelishing a little bit. Makes no difference really as BC will release it to everyone. Just figured I'd set the record straight. And yes, I have had my car back from BC for about 3 weeks now. Funny how time flies.Forgot how much time I spent going back and forth between these wheels and Vossen CV5's. :)

I'll try and post a few pics from the rear.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Not trying to start anything but I can guarantee that he didnt do the R&D on this kit unless he works for BC. When we called BC a month or so ago, they had nothing. Mike set me up with BC and helped me get a deal in exchange for me leaving my car with them in Orlando. They were not sure if they were going to be able to use off the shelf parts or have to have Taiwan make new stuff. Fortunately, they were able to use parts they had in stock from different cars I guess. The suspension on this car is nothing like the G37 and none of those parts were used from my understanding.

I'm sure as soon as my kit was done, BC called other people who they knew were looking for this application. Sounds like this guy Jorge might be embelishing a little bit. Makes no difference really as BC will release it to everyone. Just figured I'd set the record straight. And yes, I have had my car back from BC for about 3 weeks now. Funny how time flies.Forgot how much time I spent going back and forth between these wheels and Vossen CV5's. :)

I'll try and post a few pics from the rear.
Oh its ok bro! Maybe just a misunderstanding somewhere but nothing important! Im just happy i got my coils already and hopefully wheels soon! I think sema 2013 just brought the wheels I am going to get! ;)

Was thinking to go a little taller than your set up though! U think it will look fine?

Hows the ride quality? And what are your dampening setting set to?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ride is on the firm side. 15 front and back. I plan to play with it some.

You got a set of these already? I guess BC didnt waste any time getting more put together :) Thats one of the reasons I wanted to post this up was to get the word out that Mike was able to get these kits to other Q50 guys like me. He did me solid so least I could do.

I like the size tires I am running. Had the same size on my G37S. The Hankook V12's ride really nice.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts

·
Premium Member
425 Posts
Integrityjoe…

LOL at your embellishing comment. Your Q50s looks great man, congrats! Oh fyi my car was on BC Coilovers while yours was still at BC's facility. I do not need to paint a pretty picture for anyone sir. I did all the R&D myself, when I figured out what components to use I called Eric at BC while your car was on the lift and told him what I had come up with. The next morning the coilovers where delivered to me at Velgen Wheels and where installed. I've already sold 5 kits! Also your wrong about the G37 suspension, the Q50 shares the same suspension up front as the G37 but is different in the rear. I am not knocking you down in anyway as you are the consumer and sacrificed a couple weeks of your car for everyone else's benefit as well as your own. I personally shipped out Gbert15 suspension over a week ago not BC. The suspension won't be available from my understanding for a while as I bought all the kits they where able to put together with the components they had in stock. The factory in Taiwan should already be mass producing these bad boys for everyones enjoyment sometime early next year.

Best Regards,

Jorge

Reactions: gbert15

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well, that is all news to me as Kerry didn't mention anything to me about having a kit in the works when I dropped my car off. Otherwise I would have just waited for them to be released. So it looks like the left hand didn't know what the right hand was doing evidently as we dealt with two different people.

You are correct, that I am not a car guy. I am just passing on what was told to me by BC. I just thought it odd that someone else claimed to be doing R&D when my car was the one at their facility being used as a prototype. I wonder if your pieces are different than what they installed on my car. Do you know what spring rates and parts they shipped you. I can check to see what they used on my car to compare.

Joe

·
Premium Member
425 Posts
I can assure you that they are the same. I'm using 10/8 spring rate, that should be the same thing your running.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Lowering AWD model

what is the process to lower a AWD Hybrid S ? ready to purchase next week with intentions to order wheels and tires ASAP . can these be lowered or will we need to put a taller side wall 20" to fill the wheel wells?
live in STL where all the optioned cars are AWD .
thanks

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
what is the process to lower a AWD Hybrid S ? ready to purchase next week with intentions to order wheels and tires ASAP . can these be lowered or will we need to put a taller side wall 20" to fill the wheel wells?
live in STL where all the optioned cars are AWD .
thanks
Not really sure on this so someone correct me if I am wrong but it should be the same as RWD! Only thing that Ive read that would be a difference is AWD needs a square set up(same wheel and tire set up all around)!

·
Registered
68 Posts
thanks, seams like as long as we keep the front and rear near the same circumference you could stagger. i thought i had read some one hd put the staggered 20's on a AWD. hope that is the case.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hey guys, just got a chance to get back on here. Thanks to everyone for the nice comments on the car. I am looking to lower it down some more so as soon as I get back to Advance Performance, I will post up some more pics.

I will check with Kerry at BC, to see if they have any fitment data on an AWD car yet. It would make sense that Infiniti wouldn't want to change too much suspension wise unless they absolutely had to. If that is the case, then the standard Q50 kit may bolt right up. I know on the G35 sedan, the AWD was high offset all around, but so was the RWD version. I used to have a G37S but that is different setup. On my Q, I am running a 20x9 with a 25mm offset. A lot of companies are offering 32-35mm up front. Maybe the AWD will necessitate the higher front offset but that is pure speculation. Not a lot of AWD cars in FL :)

As for tire sizes and AWD, my understanding is that as long as the overall diameters are the same/very close, it shouldn't be an issue. So as long as the wheels clear the brakes and are the correct offsets, you should be fine with staggered setup.

Joe

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I talked to BC regarding the AWD setup. So far they do not have any data on the AWD model but are looking for some. STEFFENS, I sent you a PM. Hopefully you can benefit from the info I sent.

I talked to Mike as well. He has a limited # of official Q50 kits in transit and is taking pre-orders. They should be here in about 2 weeks. These are the actual kits being released by BC that were developed using the R&D obtained from my car. I hope this info will help other owners still looking for coilovers.

Joe

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.