Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Q60 3.0T SS/ AMS Intakes/ AMS LDP / JB4 @93
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I Have a 2017 Q60 AWD with AMS intakes, lower downpipes and catback, jb4 running map 6 on 93 octane. Had roughly a half tank of gas during this 3rd gear pull from
a 60 roll. Would like some insight about if my cars running healthy because I’d like to push more boost if possible. Thank you
Light Black Rectangle Purple Slope
Colorfulness Rectangle Font Screenshot Slope

·
Registered
4,592 Posts
A mods list would be helpful. When racing you're going to stay above 5k so I'd focus on that and bump your 5500 and up numbers a bit since the entire pull is basically dropping boost after the initial bump at 4500. See if you can sit somewhere in the 14-15 psi range. You'll need good octane and some exhaust mods, but its worth trying and logging and see what it looks like.

·
Registered
St. Louis, MO
1,033 Posts
Also it was about 64 degrees out side during the log.
That map 6 was kind of a strange place to start for a beginner. How did you come up with that? Have you been running stock maps previously? As DDNSpider says, its falling way off where you need the power the most. Pretty sure a stock map 4 or 5 would be more effective than what you have on map 6. If you want to stick to map 6, I would peak at 7.5 through 5000RPM and then taper to say 7, 6, 5 after that. +9 is too much unless you have E fuel or Meth injection.

Whatever you do with it, keep logging to make sure your car is happy/safe.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A mods list would be helpful. When racing you're going to stay above 5k so I'd focus on that and bump your 5500 and up numbers a bit since the entire pull is basically dropping boost after the initial bump at 4500. See if you can sit somewhere in the 14-15 psi range. You'll need good octane and some exhaust mods, but its worth trying and logging and see what it looks like.
Mods were above the pictures, lower downpipes and catback, Ams Intake, jb4 on 93

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That map 6 was kind of a strange place to start for a beginner. How did you come up with that? Have you been running stock maps previously? As DDNSpider says, its falling way off where you need the power the most. Pretty sure a stock map 4 or 5 would be more effective than what you have on map 6. If you want to stick to map 6, I would peak at 7.5 through 5000RPM and then taper to say 7, 6, 5 after that. +9 is too much unless you have E fuel or Meth injection.

Whatever you do with it, keep logging to make sure your car is happy/safe.
Interesting, I’ve been runnning jb4 for 4 months now just about. Been messing with all the maps including 6. I’ll try map 5 and do a log.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Car also had a slight lag for less then a second in high rpm’s or maybe even overboost?

·
Registered
4,592 Posts
Can you be more specific about lag at high rpm? The turbos are already at full boost so if it's hesitating that's typically a sign of detonation. Doesn't look like it from the logs though.

·
Registered
St. Louis, MO
1,033 Posts
Car also had a slight lag for less then a second in high rpm’s or maybe even overboost?
There was a timing drop at about 5k RPM in the 2nd gear of the pull - might be the hesitation you felt? If you see that repeatedly on map 5 pulls, you might be wise to step back to map 4. You might also try different brands of 93 available to you. Not all are created equal. Gas is very regional - here in St. Louis I have had good/consistent performance out of Phillips 66 fuel. Had some problems with Shell.

Reactions: Sawcey7

·
Registered
4,592 Posts
There was a timing drop at about 5k RPM in the 2nd gear of the pull - might be the hesitation you felt? If you see that repeatedly on map 5 pulls, you might be wise to step back to map 4. You might also try different brands of 93 available to you. Not all are created equal. Gas is very regional - here in St. Louis I have had good/consistent performance out of Phillips 66 fuel. Had some problems with Shell.
I believe that is the load change in the spark table that I've mentioned and theorized with Terry. I confirmed this when I finally got access to the spark tables via HPT.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I believe that is the load change in the spark table that I've mentioned and theorized with Terry. I confirmed this when I finally got access to the spark tables via HPT.
hmmm, can you explain more. Is this normal? Do I need to replace spark plugs?

·
Registered
4,592 Posts
hmmm, can you explain more. Is this normal? Do I need to replace spark plugs?
Nothing to do with spark plugs. It means that in the spark table which is commanded ignition timing for load vs. rpm, when you increase the load for a given rpm there is a drop in timing. It typically occurs in the 5000-5500 range above a certain psi level. All it means is I dont think thats knock.

·
Registered
St. Louis, MO
1,033 Posts
Nothing to do with spark plugs. It means that in the spark table which is commanded ignition timing for load vs. rpm, when you increase the load for a given rpm there is a drop in timing. It typically occurs in the 5000-5500 range above a certain psi level. All it means is I dont think thats knock.
You can't just let me think I have this log thing figured out can you? More knowledge I have to squirrel away somewhere!

• Haha
Reactions: Ddnspider

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You can't just let me think I have this log thing figured out can you? More knowledge I have to squirrel away somewhere!
Haha now I’m curious a-swell, I appreciate both of your responses definitely helped me out a bunch. Probably going to stick with Map4 maybe even try and make a new map 6 race map. Also might try new 93, sad because I religiously have been going to Sunoco for the past 5 years.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts