Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning on get the Q50S AWD with Navigation & Deluxe Touring packages. What do you think about the Technology package?
Is it worth the extra $3,200?

thanks,
- Ed

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
First of all, welcome to the forum! :D

If I had gone with a gasser Q50 I would have just gotten till the deluxe touring package but it all depends on what u need while factoring what you can afford! On my end, I was in a budget but can definitely still squeeze the package in but didnt seem necessary in my daily situations! I do live the around view monitor and would most lilely have helped the wifey from curbing my rear wheel but so far I havent come across a situation that needed any of what was in the package!

In the end though, think of what your situation is and how u drive and see if its worthwhile! If money is no object then go get it! There are safety features that might come in hand in an unexpected situation!

Hope that helps! :D

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
Hi eddie909. Welcome to the forum. I have the package that cvipgo has described for you, above. I also have a family and pets; the tilt- down outside mirrors have come in handy for pet-avoidance, but they are not nearly as effective, safety-wise (IMO) as the Around View Monitor and front/rear sonar systems. My wife has already been in one of those "unexpected situations" that gbert15 mentioned, above, and the additional safety features paid for themselves in just a few tenths of a second. For us the package was a great choice. "Nuff said."

·
Registered
108 Posts
I got the hybrid where there is only 1 tech package and it comes with everything listed in the deluxe touring and the tech pkg on the gas model. First I thought I will never use all the driver assist feature but after using it once, I was amazed and I have it turned on all the time.
If you think about it, you pretty much have a self driving car with the adaptive cruise control, lane departure, forward collision prevention etc. You can "read a book" while driving on a highway.
Nissan says they will have self driving cars by 2020. Why dont spend the extra $3K and have a preview of a self driving car now? :)

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
I got the hybrid where there is only 1 tech package and it comes with everything listed in the deluxe touring and the tech pkg on the gas model. First I thought I will never use all the driver assist feature but after using it once, I was amazed and I have it turned on all the time.
If you think about it, you pretty much have a self driving car with the adaptive cruise control, lane departure, forward collision prevention etc. You can "read a book" while driving on a highway.
Nissan says they will have self driving cars by 2020. Why dont spend the extra $3K and have a preview of a self driving car now? :)
Yeah it's quite amazing how it works, I just wouldn't actually read a book or go on the phone while having all that engaged.
It's pretty crazy that by 2020 all this could come to life in a 100% driverless car. 2020 will be here in no time.

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
I think it's a package where, you can do without it---and yet, if you do get it, you won't regret it.

Several years ago, I thought very little of navigation systems and rear view cameras. But today, now that I've got them, they're firm dealbreakers for me in any future car. If a car doesn't offer a good nav and/or rear view camera, I won't even bother with them.

Stuff like blind spot detection, lane assist, ACC---they might not sound like anything you'd think would be very useful, but the impression I've gotten from those here that have used them have had only positive things to say.

As others pointed out, you should just take into account--how often you drive, is it in your budget, how long you intend to keep the car, and the added value having such a package will ultimately be down the line.

·
Registered
432 Posts
But that blind spot monitoring is very helpful on side streets. And around view cameras are great for street parking,.
Yeah, but I've been driving for 25 years so I could do without the blind spot monitoring as I still turn to check before I change lanes, I just don't use the mirrors. As for street parking I grew up in the city and parallel parking is almost second nature to me, although anything that makes it easier is always welcome.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Yeah, but I've been driving for 25 years so I could do without the blind spot monitoring as I still turn to check before I change lanes, I just don't use the mirrors. As for street parking I grew up in the city and parallel parking is almost second nature to me, although anything that makes it easier is always welcome.

i find that these days it's becoming harder to average out cars when parking them, new cars that is, probably due to their design. So having a park assist and not accidently hitting anything sure beats damaging a brand new Q50!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.