Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys my dad just ordered a black infiniti Q50 hybrid with charcoal interior, but he did not get the navigation package. Will he still get two touch screens or is one for the navigation package (our salesperson said we would probably only get one touch screen but she was unsure)? Thanks a lot oh and also do you guys know if the touch screens are capacitive or resistive? Thank you guys so much!

·
Registered
396 Posts
Just one more thing I had to look up. So now I know the difference between the two and how they work. As they say, try to learn something new everyday.:)
Me too, only after reading ur post. "OK, I guess I better do that too.." ;)

I have NEVER learned so much about a car by merely reading online! :D. This forum is amazing.

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
Thanks a lot guys happy to be A source of learning, is it really that bad that we did not get the GPS?
First welcome o the boards!

Second it really is your pops preference ... If he feels he can't justify the cost of the built in unit or has a neither mobile device that can do it just as well that's really up to him ... I personally would never order a car with out the built in unit it just looks better IMO... In the end it's different strokes for different folks...

·
Premium Member
1,569 Posts
Welcome!! One big advantage of the built-in Nav is the connection to the car in case a GPS signal is lost.

There is a gyroscope and monitoring of the car's movement if signal is lost to approximate location. Very useful in a city. I've used it coming out of a tunnel in NYC - kept me on track through the tunnel and then some quick turns at the exit that are easy to miss without the GPS.

If he doesn't do a lot of city driving that may not matter as much but thought it worth mentioning.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.