Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at the stick on a Q50 at a local dealer this weekend.

It listed the following as a feature under the luxury section on sticker-

"Welcome lighting on front door handles".

However it did not have a $ charge on the side as if it was an added option.

The infiniti brochure which listed all the possible features has the following under the Individual Options section

Infiniti Welcome Lighting
Infiniti Ambient Lighting

So my question - Can someone tell me the difference in these three?

1. Welcome lighting on front door handles (assuming door handle lights up when it senses the intelligent key)

2. Infiniti Welcome Lighting (maybe interior lights up when it senses the intelligent key?)

3. Infiniti Ambient Lighting

My current car is a 2009 G37 so it does not have any of these options

Thanks in advance for any comments

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
1. Welcome lighting on front door handles (assuming door handle lights up when it senses the intelligent key)- this is standard on Q50s

2. Infiniti Welcome Lighting option $225, this goes around the sill of the car- not that easy to install

3. Infiniti Ambient Lighting option $480, this internal lights in the driver and passenger well- easy to install

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
I was looking at the stick on a Q50 at a local dealer this weekend.

It listed the following as a feature under the luxury section on sticker-

"Welcome lighting on front door handles".

However it did not have a $ charge on the side as if it was an added option.

The infiniti brochure which listed all the possible features has the following under the Individual Options section

Infiniti Welcome Lighting
Infiniti Ambient Lighting

So my question - Can someone tell me the difference in these three?

1. Welcome lighting on front door handles (assuming door handle lights up when it senses the intelligent key)

2. Infiniti Welcome Lighting (maybe interior lights up when it senses the intelligent key?)

3. Infiniti Ambient Lighting

My current car is a 2009 G37 so it does not have any of these options

Thanks in advance for any comments
Thanks.

What exactly do you mean by "sill of the car" ?

For the ambient lighting which you say is easy to install, is that something that dealership or service dept there can install?
Generally these are port installed accessories before delivered to dealer but dealer can install these. see attached pic

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,177 Posts
1. Welcome lighting on front door handles (assuming door handle lights up when it senses the intelligent key)- this is standard on Q50s

2. Infiniti Welcome Lighting option $225, this goes around the sill of the car- not that easy to install

3. Infiniti Ambient Lighting option $480, this internal lights in the driver and passenger well- easy to install
OHHH thank you!! I didn't realize that the door handle welcome light was standard! I planned to get the welcome lighting but may now just stick with the standard door handle light!!

Question, the ambient lighting, do those lights stay on or do they go off in 30 seconds or when car is started? I thought all cars had the lighting for when opening the car. Now I'm gonna have to go check to see if my G37 has it! Ha

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
OHHH thank you!! I didn't realize that the door handle welcome light was standard! I planned to get the welcome lighting but may now just stick with the standard door handle light!!

Question, the ambient lighting, do those lights stay on or do they go off in 30 seconds or when car is started? I thought all cars had the lighting for when opening the car. Now I'm gonna have to go check to see if my G37 has it! Ha
They stay on. It's a huge rip-off for two little led lights to light up your feet!

Reactions: convex

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
Is there a picture of how the Infiniti Welcome lighting looks on a car?

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts

the ambient lighting stays on when your headlights are on and lights the footwell area of the driver and the passenger. It's really nice, I have it on one of my cars.;)

·
Premium Member
1,177 Posts
Whether it's "really nice" is a matter of opinion, but it's $400 for tiny led's that literally cost less than $10.
Agreed! Surely I could get a guy to install them for me, right?!?

the ambient lighting stays on when your headlights are on and lights the footwell area of the driver and the passenger. It's really nice, I have it on one of my cars.;)
Of course, I'm not sure I'd want lights on at all times. I personally love driving at night (alone) with it so dark in the car!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Does anyone have experience with the ambient lighting and the graphite interior? I want the graphite interior because I don't want the light colored carpets that come with the wheat or stone interior. I'm not a shine and polish the car every week kind of girl so I already know that the carpets will get dirty fast if I get a light color.

However, I also want the ambient lighting. I've had a few rental cars while traveling for work with ambient lighting and I really like the effect. I'm just wondering if the ambient lighting would even show up with the graphite interior.

I guess my other option would be get a wheat or stone interior and graphite floor mats. I think i saw that mentioned somewhere else on the thread. That might be good compromise.

·
Premium Member
1,844 Posts
Can you get the Welcome Lighting any different colors?
Only clear bulbs from the factory. I haven't actually looked at the set itself, but I imagine that the bulbs could be changed to different colors. I want blue, but haven't looked into it.

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
Only clear bulbs from the factory. I haven't actually looked at the set itself, but I imagine that the bulbs could be changed to different colors. I want blue, but haven't looked into it.
Put a different color tape where the lights are and you got different colors..

L
Welcome lights only come none color- Led white.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I saw somewhere that if you have the welcome lighting package the leds comes on along with the day lights when your key is in proximity of the car, is that true? I know if you stick your hand in the door handle they come on but this is different and pretty cool if true.

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
I saw somewhere that if you have the welcome lighting package the leds comes on along with the day lights when your key is in proximity of the car, is that true? I know if you stick your hand in the door handle they come on but this is different and pretty cool if true.
true and true

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.