Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As part of the Memorial Day Sales Weekend, Home Depot is offering the 5k and 7k lbs capacity Quick Jacks at a nice discount:

BL-5000SLX ($1099 - save $400):

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Quick-Jack-BL-5000SLX-5-000-lbs-Capacity-Portable-Vehicle-Lifting-System-BL-5000SLX-AC-110v/307393222

BL-7000SLX ($1299 - save $226):

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Quick-Jack-BL-5000SLX-5-000-lbs-Capacity-Portable-Vehicle-Lifting-System-BL-5000SLX-AC-110v/307393222

I'm considering ordering the BL-5000SLX for free delivery to my residence. I would also order the pinch-weld blocks for lifting my Q60. Since I have a 2.5 car garage, and space is limited, these jack platforms can be hung on the garage wall and the power pack & hoses stored away. With the pinch weld blocks stacked on the "normal" block included with the jack, the max lift height would be just under 2 ft.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Those would definitely be handy.

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
4,142 Posts
Sweet deal. I may look onto this. Sure makes swapping tires, changing brake pads a simple job. Fantastic savings. Thanks for the link.

Reactions: IridiumRS400

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
I was born too soon. Prior to about six years ago I did ALL of my own work on my cars. That would have been really handy.

Reactions: JohnInNH

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
4,142 Posts
Ditto. Now with bifocals and a bad back I'll let those in the know and are more flexable do the work. Yea, I put my sway bar in but thats no biggie.

Also, plastic trim and clips my not knowing the tricks and where they are leads to brakage.

I may get that scissor jack thingie from homecreepshow (in another thread) so I can swap my tires and brake pads myself.
Getting old sux!

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Update. Ordered online this evening. Should arrive curbside from June 6th - 14th.

Special buy ends tomorrow (5/28).

When the wall mount hooks became available later this summer, I'll opt-in to enable the lift platforms to store on the garage wall.

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
8,992 Posts
Update. Ordered online this evening. Should arrive curbside from June 6th - 14th.

Special buy ends tomorrow (5/28).

When the wall mount hooks became available later this summer, I'll opt-in to enable the lift platforms to store on the garage wall.
How much do they weigh?

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
4,142 Posts
Ordered the 5000 model. Thanks for the heads up!

Reactions: IridiumRS400

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
Ordered the 5000 model. Thanks for the heads up!
Couldn't resist could you? Gave it a valiant try in your previous posts.:laugh:

I think I'll leave town for a few days until the urge passes.

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
8,992 Posts
I want one but I'll wait until we move. I have enough stuff to deal with already.

·
Registered
58 Posts
This is sweet. I want this setup so bad. The excitement of awesome tools are almost more exciting than what you can do with them. Been wanting to be able to do exhaust work and not be too squished.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Got notification today (5/28) that the Quick Jack has shipped. I should receive it on Friday (5/31), just in-time for some weekend work. I now finally have a good excuse for using a mechanics creeper that my neighbor gave me when he was moving out of town a few years ago!

Reactions: gipsonke

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Used the QuickJack today to install the Stillen Rear Stabilizer Bar on my Q60.

Per the YouTube video instructions from Bend Pac, I exercised both lifting platforms, and bled the air out of each side twice before they raised and lowered together without any jerkiness in operation.

I initially only used the Pinch Weld Blocks (which needed to be purchased separately), but when slowly raising the jacks, it became apparent the rocker panel was going to contact the links, so I backed it down and stacked the pinch weld blocks on top of the "lower" height blocks, which were included with the QuickJack.

Once I positioned the blocks in the "trays", and made sure the blocks were not offset during the lift, I lifted the car to the top position. I made sure to go past the top stop, rotated the cams to allow them to travel back over the stops, and continued to lower the lift until the lift bar "notch" contacted the stop on each side to lock them in position. I also used jack stands at the rear of the car as a safety measure.

Replacing the OEM Rear Stabilizer Bar with the Stillen product was fairly straight-forward. I had to remove both FI mufflers to provide the room for removal and installation. All-in-all, I took my time, spending about 4 hours total to complete the job. Note: I did have to run to the store and purchase a mini grease gun to lube the stabilizer frame mounts.

Attachments

Reactions: ptatohed

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
4,142 Posts
Impressions of the anti-sway bar?

Bummer the tall blocks are not cut with the pinch wield relief. The cutouts should be on all of them. Bad design as they are backwards compatible.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Impressions of the anti-sway bar?

The car stays flat through the turn and corners like it is on rails. Like your install, I installed it on its stiffest setting. Now I really, really need my lighter wheels and tires - I made the DumFlats howl tonight! 0:)

·
Registered
92 Posts
The car stays flat through the turn and corners like it is on rails. Like your install, I installed it on its stiffest setting. Now I really, really need my lighter wheels and tires - I made the DumFlats howl tonight! 0:)

Did you get a new anti-sway bar for the front as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Did you get a new anti-sway bar for the front as well?

Only an upgraded rear stabilizer is available for the Q50/Q60 AWDs, either through Stillen or Hotchkis.

The OEM front stabilizer bar on the AWD is already a larger diameter (vs RWD).

Reactions: gipsonke

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
4,142 Posts
Told you! It was my first mod. I did not have to remove the exhaust. I managed to snake it out. My shoulder hurt for 2 weeks though. Took me 30 minutes. Boost in motion's DYI was a big help. It actually took me longer to get the tools and put it up on my ramps than the install itself.
Drives very good with it on the stiffest setting. So glad I started with it that way. Sure corners well after. ??

1 - 20 of 45 Posts