Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Very nice.
The Stillen rear bar is likely my next mod.

I've admired the Quick-Jacks for a while but for some reason never realized that BendPak made them.
A few years ago I picked up a Bendpak 4-post but unfortunately I have to finish a long term car project before I can use it for any maintenance work.

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
6,058 Posts
I'm waiting on delivery of new brake pads before installing the rotors and anti-sway bar. Wish I had a Quick Jack. I've got to buy one!

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Told you! It was my first mod. I did not have to remove the exhaust. I managed to snake it out. My shoulder hurt for 2 weeks though. Took me 30 minutes.
I took off the right FI muffler, f***ed around for 10 minutes trying to "snake it out", and then opted to remove the left side muffler, too.

I found the FI mufflers are relatively easy to remove from/install onto the X-pipe:
  • Loosen the V-clamp and slide it completely off the joint
  • Un-bolt the "FI" symbol cross-brace between the muffler pipes
  • Un-bolt (3) the muffler hanger bracket from the car and slide off the bracket
  • Wiggle the muffler back-and-forth as you pull the muffler off the X-pipe
  • Reverse the order to install
Note: Use a floor jack and a block of wood to support the muffler during the alignment phase.

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
Lol.. it was like one of those metal loop puzzels. I tried a multitude of ways to get it out, then bingo! I figured it out and I sux at puzzles. Space n dimensional stuff I'm ok at. Maybe with the FI you can't snake it out and have to remove the mufflers. Mine was OEM at the time.
Good write up, BTW.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Update: Received the Quick Jack wall hangers yesterday. Today I installed them on my garage wall. After hanging the lift platforms, I bungee'd the handles/out-riggers to each lift platform.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #26 (Edited)
As I was purusing YT today, this video popped up (lift-related):

Must be nice to get a $23k lift installed for free by the manufacturer (BendPak)...

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Update: Received the Quick Jack wall hangers yesterday. Today I installed them on my garage wall. After hanging the lift platforms, I bungee'd the handles/out-riggers to each lift platform.
Looks good. Nice work!

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
Why not have a bigger garage (or 2), with 2 "real" lifts so you can work on the cars? Can't work on the cars on the platforms. Like he doesn't have the $. Probably don't work on them anyway.

I get the space saver aspect, but one regular lift would be very handy. Just IMHO.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Probably don't work on them anyway. .
When I occasionally watch his YT channel, because sometimes he makes some asinine purchases, he typically has his mechanic, a.k.a., the "Wizard", work on his projects, so you are correct.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #30 (Edited)
UPDATE: I received an email a few weeks ago that Costco is carrying the 5K lb QuickJack for $899 for a limited time in-store only.

https://youtu.be/fDkqbFCWKFg

Anyone that's sitting on the fence, that's the lowest price I've seen offered.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #31

·
Registered
2017 Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD
1,635 Posts
I've been using jacks and jack stands my whole life, why stop now? ;)

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
6,058 Posts

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
I've been using jacks and jack stands my whole life, why stop now? ;)
I though the same thing, even while assembling my quick jack.....the first time I used it.....screw floor jacks. Never again.

·
Registered
2017 Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD
1,635 Posts
Do you guys store these things somewhere or just park on top of them? Do you need an air compressor to operate them?

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
I just slide them out from under my toy so I can back out of the garage and pull back in. When I need to lift it I slide them back under the car. It comes with a small compressor with integrated hydraulic fluid reservoir. The compressor takes 110 from a wall outlet and is super quiet.

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
6,058 Posts
Do you guys store these things somewhere or just park on top of them? Do you need an air compressor to operate them?
It's hydraulically operated and comes with a hydraulic pump. You do have to add hydraulic fluid and bleed the hydraulic system during setup. An air compressor is initially required to pressurize the air cylinders to 40 - 50 PSI, which are used to assist lowering the frames.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
QuickJack makes hooks for their platforms to hang on the wall. Since the platforms weigh 70ish pounds each, the hooks need to be secured to wall studs with some high-strength fasteners.

I use bungee cords to secure the D-shaped handles to the platforms when storing them.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Paint that drywall! It's like 1/2 a day on a weekend! :)

21 - 40 of 45 Posts