Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I realize I'm probably late to the party on this one and everyone else may give a resounding 'duh' but I thought I would post something helpful I figured out yesterday.

I've been a bit frustrated with the Q when using my phone via BT. In my G there was a display for the phone commands (hang up, switch calls, switch to handset) that would come up on the screen. Sometimes it would cover the map when driving so it was easy to hit the map button to see the map and then the BIG phone button to return to the phone screen.

I was getting frustrated with the Q because I couldn't find the 'big' button that was as easy to use so I've been holding my phone in my hand to hang up, initiate calls,etc. Because I needed my map screen to show directions.
The only way I figured to access the phone screen was through the series of button presses on the lower touchscreen menu, then phone, then select hang up, etc. Not really convenient and I like the operation of the top screen with the steering wheel toggle - much easier to hang up a call for example.

Last night I realized that there is a phone button on the steering wheel that will take you right to that screen on the upper map. Again, maybe not the biggest realization but it improved my drive time considerably once I realized this simple thing yesterday.

I feel kinda stupid even posting but maybe some others have had the same issue so we'll see if it helps anyone else.

I do have to agree with one if the reviewers when he said some of the screen functions seemed a bit schizo at times. The button presses on the lower screen bring the phone commands up there but the steering wheel button brings it up on the map screen. I think the idea was to have the option where one would like the phone screen available but not covering your map screen for example, but I can see what the reviewer was saying in that case.

Any way, a simple press of the simple phone button on the steering wheel makes phone commands in the Q simple again. . . for simple me :)

Cheers!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Thanks for posting! I thought that was only to hang up!

Any tips on how to get the car to find a phone while driving and turning on the phone BT after starting the car and leaving the parking spot? I left the airport last night and forgot to turn on BT but the car would not add the phone so I had to make a call via the phone itself.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Thanks for a tip. Any tip is welcome, it reminds me a saying from movie Titanic: "A woman's heart is a deep ocean of secrets...." I learn something every day about my car and even I'm over 50 this is the first time I'm reading manuals. I always hated it, but this think is complicated. And we don't know whats ahead, what they are cooking for us owners in Infiniti I Touch "kitchen". LOL.

·
Registered
585 Posts

Any tips on how to get the car to find a phone while driving and turning on the phone BT after starting the car and leaving the parking spot? I left the airport last night and forgot to turn on BT but the car would not add the phone so I had to make a call via the phone itself.
If I understand your issue, you forgot to turn BT on your phone. You can connect a phone (or change the phone connected) through the Menu settings after the car has started.

·
Registered
106 Posts

I've done this plenty of times in my car via the voice command "add phone". However I tried this in the non-nav loaner that i currently have and it says" this function is not available while the car is moving" or something similar.

·
Registered
31 Posts
@Snow - Exactly!

@mrq - I got this same issue, I thought it was because "add phone" sounded like pairing a new phone.

In my speed3 and Sante Fe all I had to do was turn on the BT while I was driving (safely of course) and the car just found it.

So far if the BT is not on at car start the car won't pair with the phone. :(

Sad face is because I often turn off BT to conserve battery and I do forget to turn it on before I drive and only realize it when I get "no phone found" when I try to call the wife to tell her I am late from work and turning on BT is easier / "safer" than hold the phone to my ear and driving.

Now I could just be stupid since I have had a BT enabled car for like 4+ years now and I still forget to turn it on before I drive off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.