Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hit a pothole on Mon and the front driver side tire is showing some sidewalldamage. Not in a financial position to spend $450 on a new Runflat or buy 4 regtires at $1000 bucks

I still have a pair of old Blizzaks (245/40/19) only used for 6 mo, If Iwere to find someone to mount the Blizzaks, would you recommend me puttingthem on the back or front of the car with still running the 2 Runflats that arenot damaged? (I have a AWD Sport w/no DAS)

This would only be a temporary solution (2-3 mo) until I have the funds tobuy 4 new reg tires

Any advise will be much appreciated!!

·
Registered
256 Posts
It is not wise to mix and match old and new tires on an AWD system. Where you might be ok if you dont' drive much, you are putting extra wear on the awd system since tire speed will probably vary between the old and new tires.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is not wise to mix and match old and new tires on an AWD system. Where you might be ok if you dont' drive much, you are putting extra wear on the awd system since tire speed will probably vary between the old and new tires.

The Blizzaks had probably 6000 miles on them but they initially had more tread then that Runflates and I'm currently only have 4500 mile on the Car so the millage is very close.
Do you think that ok?
Would you recommend me putting the Blizzaks on the rears since they have a little more tread depth?

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
I wouldn't run Blizzaks on one axle and RFT's on the other. WAY different rolling resistance on those two tire sets.

If I were you, I'd contact the dealership and ask them how much it would cost to buy Tire & Wheel coverage. I bet it costs about the same as a new RFT. Buy it, then claim the tire if it goes flat. (double check that there isn't a waiting period before first claim)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.