Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Premium Member
'17 SS
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
Looks like we have a contender for the quickest and fastest Q50. I’m not sure if he’s on the forums but I just saw this on Instagram. He hails from NC. Let me know what you think.

Reactions: u1arunit

·
Registered
2017 infiniti Q50 AWD
1,073 Posts
Pretty quick and fast. If you look on dragy you can see some impressive times. This guy is up there for sure but not #1, and if you count Shops like AMS then he's definitely not #1.
Would be cool to see his build though.

·
Premium Member
'17 SS
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pretty quick and fast. If you look on dragy you can see some impressive times. This guy is up there for sure but not #1, and if you count Shops like AMS then he's definitely not #1.
Would be cool to see his build though.
I believe he’d be the fastest Q50. AMS has a shop Q60

·
Registered
2017 infiniti Q50 AWD
1,073 Posts
oh specifically Q50, then possibly. Ill have to look at the dragy times when I get sec.

Edit: yup he’s number 1 Q50 on dragy. One guy with faster 0-60 but slower 1/8, 1/4, and 60-130 super close though. Impressive numbers.

Reactions: Batell

·
Registered
8 Posts
You can say Q50
Or you can say fastest non-shop VR30 whichever looks better.
the fact is that the car is still running on stock engine, transmission, driveshaft and differential on pump E60 is pretty decent. I am trying to get the most out of the launch but 1st gear is fighting me (had a throttle closer even though I shifted early enough) almost hit 137 mph on that pass

·
Registered
2017 infiniti Q50 AWD
1,073 Posts
Very impressive none the less, but that slope is questionable. no 100% flat roads to test on?

·
Registered
8 Posts
NHRA allows 1% variation in slope. I’m sure we all go by their standards and not our own of what should be considered a valid 1/4 mile run

·
Registered
2017 infiniti Q50 AWD
1,073 Posts
NHRA allows 1% variation in slope. I’m sure we all go by their standards and not our own of what should be considered a valid 1/4 mile run
Right I'm aware the standard, but its a pretty substantial negative slope, but averages out with the last 300ft going back up so the total slope is still "valid".
It can create a similar effect as 1/10th of the 60' is equal to 2/10th of the 1/4th. The sooner you can get higher MPH the better, if you reversed that and went uphill from1/8th to 990ft and then back down for the 1/4th you would be substantially slower even though the "slope" is still valid.

Regardless its impressive run, but I see boostfeen only 1/10th slower, could very well be the difference in his 100% flat run vs your roller coaster road.

That second run with much slower Trap has a little better overall slope

·
Registered
8 Posts
Right I'm aware the standard, but its a pretty substantial negative slope, but averages out with the last 300ft going back up so the total slope is still "valid".
It can create a similar effect as 1/10th of the 60' is equal to 2/10th of the 1/4th. The sooner you can get higher MPH the better, if you reversed that and went uphill from1/8th to 990ft and then back down for the 1/4th you would be substantially slower even though the "slope" is still valid.

Regardless its impressive run, but I see boostfeen only 1/10th slower, could very well be the difference in his 100% flat run vs your roller coaster road.

That second run with much slower ET has a little better overall slope
Boostfen has upgraded transmission, lsd and driveshaft so his car can launch much harder
Also ET is much slower because I lost power at the top of 4th

·
Registered
2017 infiniti Q50 AWD
1,073 Posts
You have an impressive build and times that are Incredibly fast no matter what way you slice it. But I suspect you are picking up about 1/10th on the 1/4th based on the road slope conditions even though its still technically "valid". Still fast and impressive none the less, but would be cool to see 100% flat road to eliminate that as a possible variable especially when comparing to other people's times/runs and claiming to be #1 in the world.

·
Registered
2017 Q50S
156 Posts
Not going to be that close once it is fully dialed in, looking at the dragy acceleration he is losing a tenth or two on the 2/3 shift it seems. upgraded turbo's have been on the car less the 2 weeks if I recall.
You have an impressive build and times that are Incredibly fast no matter what way you slice it. But I suspect you are picking up about 1/10th on the 1/4th based on the road slope conditions even though its still technically "valid". Still fast and impressive none the less, but would be cool to see 100% flat road to eliminate that as a possible variable especially when comparing to other people's times/runs and claiming to be #1 in the world.

Reactions: Batell

·
Registered
8 Posts
Gotta love forum theories this is why I stoped looking here.
here’s one of the test hits where I was trying to get the transmission to shift early and hit throttle cut in first losing a lot of momentum. Car still trapped 108mph in the 1/8th on a flat slope. If you wanna compare the other car trapped 105. (Dragy leaderboard adds 2 mph to the 1/8th after you post the timeslip for some reason)
3 mph in the 1/8th that’s a biiig difference in power

·
Registered
2017 infiniti Q50 AWD
1,073 Posts
Gotta love forum theories this is why I stoped looking here.
here’s one of the test hits where I was trying to get the transmission to shift early and hit throttle cut in first losing a lot of momentum. Car still trapped 108mph in the 1/8th on a flat slope. If you wanna compare the other car trapped 105. (Dragy leaderboard adds 2 mph to the 1/8th after you post the timeslip for some reason)
3 mph in the 1/8th that’s a biiig difference in power
That is weird shows you at 111 on dragy.

3mph is a lot. Same difference between your 1st run and 2nd run despite identical ET are also 3 mph difference in trap which is odd.
Especially since the slower Trap run has slightly higher MPH in the 1/8th but then you picked up 3mph on the back end but with no difference in ET on the 1/4, only change is road slope.

·
Premium Member
382 Posts

·
Registered
2017 infiniti Q50 AWD
1,073 Posts
Excellent 60ft compared to most stuff I see. Who tuned it?
He’s on a tire. Hoosier DR2s can lay it down. But yes excellent 60ft.

·
Registered
2017 infiniti Q50 AWD
1,073 Posts
Man I want a launch mode so bad. Even a 2 step rev limiter would make SUCH a difference.
With RWD, a suspension setup with proper weight transfer to the rears would make the biggest difference, that and a high stall converter you’d be flying off the line.

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
With RWD, a suspension setup with proper weight transfer to the rears would make the biggest difference, that and a high stall converter you’d be flying off the line.
I can already deadhook 1st. And you don't want a torque converter above peak torque. These motors have such low peak torque. I've stalled mine to about 2k, but can't leave in boost....not 1-2 psi. I mean real boost. That would likely drop at least .25 off the 60ft.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts