Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The phone book appears to be quite quirky.
No option to add new contacts directly in the phone book ?

Ok, if the design is only to sync / import contacts from smartphone (iPhone5s in my case), that doesn't work successfully either. I have a very large contact list in iPhone, so I am not using the "automatic transfer setting". But "Manual phone book transfer" does the same, as soon as I click it, it automatically starts the transfer instead of allowing some manual one by one or multiple choice selection. It does not give me, per the owner manual, transfer and overwrite or transfer and add options.

On my iphone settings, under Bluetooth and mycar device, I have set sync of favorites only. Then I transferred the favorites from iPhone to car intouch. That worked. So in car phone I had the needed favorite contacts. But it worked only once. Since I missed a contact, I added that to iphone favorite. But now this time, I am just not able to get that single new contact copied over to car phone book. So, I deleted the entire phonebook, did the favorites transfer again (using manual phone book transfer and even automatic transfer setting), it brings in everything what was imported originally but not the new contact. One other contact name carried over is only half the length.

Ofcourse this is software development !!, so we will never know what the developers are fixing in the next version update.

Others running into same with phonebook transfer ? How have you resolved it ?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
One more phone bluetooth integration quirkiness: unmute doesn't work at times.

This has happened twice to me, so I am certain it's a flaw somewhere.

When I start a new phone call in the car (using Bluetooth), the mute/unmute options in Intouch work successfully. That's great.

When I have started a new phone call on my iphone (outside of the car like at home or office) and then when I enter the car, the switch from handset to mycar occurs flawlessly. Love it, as I am in that situation numerous times. Plus points +++ to Q50 Tech.

But in this situation, when I have started the call on handset first and then it switches to mycar, the UnMute stops working in between the call. The in touch touch unmute doesn't work. Other option like volume increase and all work, including mute. Not good for obvious reasons. Once I had to hang up and call back, so initiating the phone call from mycar. The other time I had to pickup the handset and unmute (using iphone), so the whole purpose of Bluetooth/hands-free was defeated.

I will log this with ICA although I am guessing the answer will be iphone5S is not a supported model (per their matrix) yet.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.