41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
9,743 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
I do probably close to 75-100 of these a year, its the same CVT since the problems began. Pre 13 CVTs rarely failed at the rate they do now. 13+ are all the same.

View attachment 96498
No way....Are the part numbers exactly the same also?
This makes me sad

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
I thought this QX55 would've been something new and fresh and I'm disappointed that it wasn't. I have a feeling the QX55 will flop. I could be wrong but I don't think it will be very successful. Its essentially another QX50 with a different body.
Honestly, the QX55 was always going to be re-styled QX50. Any other suggestion otherwise was just people projecting hope. Automakers don't just randomly create a different drivetrain or platform between sister vehicles. Think BMW X5 to X6 and X3 to X4.

Reactions: Jeffpeds

·
Registered
4,990 Posts
I do probably close to 75-100 of these a year, its the same CVT since the problems began. Pre 13 CVTs rarely failed at the rate they do now. 13+ are all the same.

View attachment 96498
My condolences you have to fix so damn many of these things and to your point I'm sure their overall layout and design hasn't changed too much
but what you observe does fit with the generational changes of Nissan CVTs and the points I made.

Gen 1 - 2008-2011
Gen 2 - 2012-2016
Gen 3 - 2016+

Reactions: iSmkGrnBud

·
Registered
4,990 Posts
Honestly, the QX55 was always going to be re-styled QX50. Any other suggestion otherwise was just people projecting hope. Automakers don't just randomly create a different drivetrain or platform between sister vehicles. Think BMW X5 to X6 and X3 to X4.
Yeah well Infiniti is an odd duck at the best of times the Q50/60 changes did not coincide nor did the Z share the platform with the Q50/60 and they are sister platforms as well.

Reactions: Q602B

·
Premium Member
1,265 Posts
Yeah well Infiniti is an odd duck at the best of times the Q50/60 changes did not coincide nor did the Z share the platform with the Q50/60 and they are sister platforms as well.

Reactions: BigHeadClan

·
Registered
206 Posts
The QX55 looks great but with the AWD CVT and its size, that puts it up against the Cross trek and I dont know if that segment of buyers are willing to spend way more for a bump in power and luxury.

Good news is the new QX60 is really nice and should keep the brand afloat for awhile.

Reactions: Jeffpeds and Q602B
41 - 47 of 47 Posts