Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Q50S
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Figured I'd share these here. I got to matchup with some decent cars for a change.

2017 Q50S AWD (AMS HX, RA405,LPFP, flex fuel kit, fuel filter, FPS, aluminum driveshaft, AWD controller, flex E85 tune, intakes, full down pipes) , ISR Y-pipe(exhaust cutouts), Z1 subframe collars.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
looks like you had fun. a couple of those cars desperately needed the driver mod, lol. the Z06 should've have made you sweat. regardless, the fact that you held your own with cars like that says a lot. i would be proud if i were you.

i also wanted to say that i think you were extra smart in your Y pipe and cutout selection. IIRC, ISR is the ONLY mfg making anything larger than a 2.5" Y pipe section that you can buy as a stand alone piece. at 2.75", thats pretty ideal. nice work.

·
Registered
2017 Q50S
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! Yeah a couple of them needed to be lined back up after driving through the beams :) The C8 cut a good light but only ran an 11.7 for some reason, I thought they were low 11's stock.

I had picked the ISR out in the beginning with the idea of running stock midpipe/muffler and the cutout. The ISR was pretty reasonably priced too. I did upgraded to a cheapy ebay mid pipe but still using stock muffler. The cutout is maybe good for .05, with them closed I'm pretty sure the car will still go 10s.

looks like you had fun. a couple of those cars desperately needed the driver mod, lol. the Z06 should've have made you sweat. regardless, the fact that you held your own with cars like that says a lot. i would be proud if i were you.

i also wanted to say that i think you were extra smart in your Y pipe and cutout selection. IIRC, ISR is the ONLY mfg making anything larger than a 2.5" Y pipe section that you can buy as a stand alone piece. at 2.75", thats pretty ideal. nice work.

·
Registered
2017 infiniti Q50 AWD
1,834 Posts
Is this competition or just test n tune?
You got the slips for those races would be interesting to see.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Thanks! Yeah a couple of them needed to be lined back up after driving through the beams :) The C8 cut a good light but only ran an 11.7 for some reason, I thought they were low 11's stock.

I had picked the ISR out in the beginning with the idea of running stock midpipe/muffler and the cutout. The ISR was pretty reasonably priced too. I did upgraded to a cheapy ebay mid pipe but still using stock muffler. The cutout is maybe good for .05, with them closed I'm pretty sure the car will still go 10s.
some C8s have run high 10s at bradenton but theyre very low 11 second cars. that 997 turbo should have been right with you as well. sometimes people forget to turn off traction controls or put it in the correct mode.

·
Registered
2017 Q50S
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just a Sunday test and tune, track prep and DA weren't great but another buddy had his car out so I tagged along. With good prep I am usually 1.4x/low 1.5x 60fts
Font Material property Handwriting Paper Document

·
Registered
2017 Q50S
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The C8 vette had a decent 60ft, maybe he spun after the 60. The Porsche was coming for me for sure, he had a really bad launch from the time slip.
some C8s have run high 10s at bradenton but theyre very low 11 second cars. that 997 turbo should have been right with you as well. sometimes people forget to turn off traction controls or put it in the correct mode.

Reactions: Magoodia

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
The C8 vette had a decent 60ft, maybe he spun after the 60. The Porsche was coming for me for sure, he had a really bad launch from the time slip.
the Z06 would have beat you if the driver was decent. doesnt matter though, you are consistent. awd and auto obviously helps but a good mix of parts that works well together is what makes it consistent. your mph is really solid and the ET only deviated due to 60' (as it should). outside of that one run, you could bracket race that car and definitely take home some cash. very nice combination.

·
Registered
2017 Q50S
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks, this year my goal is to try and go a little deeper into the 10s, maybe 10.8. I am going to look into index/bracket events next year for sure. I don't want to push the car much further at this point so we'll see how satisfying the events are.

I went last night but prep wasnt great. Ran 110.97, 6 11.0x, and 2 11.1/2.

the Z06 would have beat you if the driver was decent. doesnt matter though, you are consistent. awd and auto obviously helps but a good mix of parts that works well together is what makes it consistent. your mph is really solid and the ET only deviated due to 60' (as it should). outside of that one run, you could bracket race that car and definitely take home some cash. very nice combination.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Figured I'd share these here. I got to matchup with some decent cars for a change.

2017 Q50S AWD (AMS HX, RA405,LPFP, flex fuel kit, fuel filter, FPS, aluminum driveshaft, AWD controller, flex E85 tune, intakes, full down pipes) , ISR Y-pipe(exhaust cutouts), Z1 subframe collars.
Jesus dude...let em win atleast once or they'll never come back....nice build

·
Registered
2016 Q50 Redsport 400 RWD
328 Posts
Looking to do the exact same, do you have a write up or link to the parts used?

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
Great post and congrats on the wins! That Porsche's launch was absolutely horrid 🤣 Would've been interesting to see how you'd hold up with that 720s. What camera did you use? Cool how it pans to center the action.

·
Registered
2017 Q50S
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
No write up but it's pretty straight forward. Mine is definitely some DIY crap lol, I will have it welded at some point. I bought the 2.75 inch stainless cutouts from this site BadlanzHPE Electric Exhaust cutout. You just need to see what size your y-pipe They are not as nice as QTPs but they seem solid and had good reviews. The clamps I got off amazon.

Mocking up here
Mousetrap Road surface Asphalt Gas Font

Here I built a jig out of scrap wood I had lying around. I want to make sure the pipes that connect to the downpipes were still clocked right. I measured the center of the cutout y pipe and cut that out of the y-pipe.
Automotive exterior Tool Bumper Hand tool Gas

Here I had everything in and clamped up.
Automotive exhaust Automotive lighting Automotive tire Gas Machine

I had to make some adjustments for clearance once it was on the car. Just angled the cutout y down a little bit. Still plenty of clearance under the car.
Automotive tire Automotive exterior Bumper Gas Auto part

Tire Bicycle tire Automotive tire Wheel Hood

Looking to do the exact same, do you have a write up or link to the parts used?

Reactions: ptatohed

·
Registered
2017 Q50S
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I would have enjoyed watching the McLaren destroy me. I think they are 9 second cars stock. The camera is a GoPro 360 Max. The panning is all from editing which makes more user friendly videos. The 360 footage is cool too but you need a decent phone or computer for it to look and work good.

Great post and congrats on the wins! That Porsche's launch was absolutely horrid 🤣 Would've been interesting to see how you'd hold up with that 720s. What camera did you use? Cool how it pans to center the action.

Reactions: Kraken

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
Very cool. Thank you for the info. If you even remotely gave that car a fight it would be extremely impressive. Thank you for sharing! Keep dominating man👍

·
Premium Member
2021 Q50 RS400
215 Posts

Burning down 'vettes like it was nothing.

I am now a fan. 👊

·
Premium Member
2021 Q50 RS400
215 Posts
No write up but it's pretty straight forward. Mine is definitely some DIY crap lol, I will have it welded at some point. I bought the 2.75 inch stainless cutouts from this site BadlanzHPE Electric Exhaust cutout. You just need to see what size your y-pipe They are not as nice as QTPs but they seem solid and had good reviews. The clamps I got off amazon.

Mocking up here
View attachment 110988

Here I built a jig out of scrap wood I had lying around. I want to make sure the pipes that connect to the downpipes were still clocked right. I measured the center of the cutout y pipe and cut that out of the y-pipe.
View attachment 110989

Here I had everything in and clamped up.
View attachment 110990

I had to make some adjustments for clearance once it was on the car. Just angled the cutout y down a little bit. Still plenty of clearance under the car.
View attachment 110992
View attachment 110991
You know how to build stuff! That's cool AF.

·
Super Moderator
Murrieta, CA, USA
7,761 Posts
Wow @Blackhawk77, when I saw you leaving the left lane standing there at the Christmas tree as you launched away, I was convinced you were red-lighting! Nope, just some great RTs and launches. Very nice.

Reactions: Blackhawk77
1 - 20 of 27 Posts