Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2017 infiniti Q50 AWD
1,836 Posts
Wow @Blackhawk77, when I saw you leaving the left lane standing there at the Christmas tree as you launched away, I was convinced you were red-lighting! Nope, just some great RTs and launches. Very nice.
Most people on T&T nights aren't actually actively racing the lane next to them unless they had a conversation before hand.
The slips still show he had faster ET so he still "won" but unless they spoke beforehand it probably wasn't a heads up race, at least on a few of those. He still had some nice slips though.

Reactions: Blackhawk77

·
Registered
2017 Q50S
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
For sure, plenty of times I've been to the track working on my launch and ignoring tree. If my launch control wasn't dialed in I probably still would be working on my launch. I have a routine getting into LC when both staging bulbs are lit and just leave on third yellow and it seems to cut a good light.

I also know when I pull up next to something worth racing that plan goes out the window :) These guys probably thought I was just another loud and slow import. This is all in good fun but I at least I did beat them all ET wise even if they weren't trying to cut a good light.

Most people on T&T nights aren't actually actively racing the lane next to them unless they had a conversation before hand.
The slips still show he had faster ET so he still "won" but unless they spoke beforehand it probably wasn't a heads up race, at least on a few of those. He still had some nice slips though.

·
Registered
2017 Q50S
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I did red light once lol . The car 60fts pretty good :)
Wow @Blackhawk77, when I saw you leaving the left lane standing there at the Christmas tree as you launched away, I was convinced you were red-lighting! Nope, just some great RTs and launches. Very nice.

·
Registered
35 Posts
the Z06 would have beat you if the driver was decent. doesnt matter though, you are consistent. awd and auto obviously helps but a good mix of parts that works well together is what makes it consistent. your mph is really solid and the ET only deviated due to 60' (as it should). outside of that one run, you could bracket race that car and definitely take home some cash. very nice combination.
@Blackhawk77 was handing out gap insurance all day. Your reaction time is very impressive. @xBlitzkriegx i've kept up with or even beat Z06's (on the street) and i'm only tuned on 93. But as you mentionned the AWD help. Most of these guys run street tires while i have the Indy500, so im off the light while they spin a little bit

·
Registered
35 Posts
Thanks, this year my goal is to try and go a little deeper into the 10s, maybe 10.8. I am going to look into index/bracket events next year for sure. I don't want to push the car much further at this point so we'll see how satisfying the events are.

I went last night but prep wasnt great. Ran 110.97, 6 11.0x, and 2 11.1/2.
There is a youtuber who runs 10's with his Q50..he looks Russian (forgot his name) but he removes all the seats and also has some 10lbs battery, and lightweight rotors etc..

·
Registered
2016 Q50 Redsport 400 RWD
332 Posts
@Blackhawk77 was handing out gap insurance all day. Your reaction time is very impressive. @xBlitzkriegx i've kept up with or even beat Z06's (on the street) and i'm only tuned on 93. But as you mentionned the AWD help. Most of these guys run street tires while i have the Indy500, so im off the light while they spin a little bit
Crazy how much of a difference AWD makes, I spin my Indy 500s through third on a no prep surface. Looking to order some Nittos

There is a youtuber who runs 10's with his Q50..he looks Russian (forgot his name) but he removes all the seats and also has some 10lbs battery, and lightweight rotors etc..
That's the goat of the platform @DailyQ50, he is a forum member here and also pretty prominent on Instagram/FB

Reactions: Magoodia

·
Registered
2017 Q50S
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Thanks, I actually run 10s too, DA and track prep weren't great that day

@DailyQ50's videos helped sell me on buying a Q50. His car now has the record at [email protected] The car is rediculous!

Reactions: Magoodia
21 - 27 of 27 Posts