Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright guys as promised i threw a rack on my car today at work. The systems thats on there right now is the Thule 480R with the Aeroblades and fit kit 1551, which is originally meant for the G35/G37 sedan, but we decided to give it a shot. After clamping it down it worked great going by the measurements that thule gave for the G37 roof, im pretty sure Thule will eventually add the 1551 as a listed fit for the Q50 in time.

The bike rack itself is a Yakima Highroller, and is currently custom flush mounted into the aeroblades with T-Bolts and modified rack covers. The back is locked down by two Yakima accessory locks.

The rack will be on the week as i'd like to get a feel of the sound with and without the bike rack itself. Other then that it'll only be on my car when i go out riding. Thule is coming out with Aeroblade Black, so as soon as the shop gets our shipment of those (should be late April) I'll put those on instead of the silver Aeroblades and it'll complete the look im looking for.

Feel free to ask any questions i'll try my best to answer :D

Perfect Fitment

Custom flush mount

·
Registered
478 Posts
Looks good! I actually had someone come in the other day asking about a roof rack on the Q. Fits good and looks sharp! Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks good! I actually had someone come in the other day asking about a roof rack on the Q. Fits good and looks sharp! Thanks for sharing.
Thanks man! Yeah technically the 1551 fit kit isnt a listed fit yet, only the yakima Q tower system is an official fit, but i had to have the aeroblades or i wasnt going to put a rack on at all.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
I have to say that I don't like having rack on sedan but oh boy... I can't say the same for your car. I love the 2nd from the last picture. The angle and show deep shine are just amazing. I love black car but not on Q50 but after what you have done with all black (hopefully the wheel is something dark color also) is the best black Q50 out there. It sounds amazing too.....

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks man :)! Yeah you wait until those black bars come in, We've got them on order and hopefully they come In sooner :(

My car was actually reall dirty when I took these pictures Its been raining all week here and sun just came out as I drove home :p

·
Registered
540 Posts
Thanks man :)! Yeah you wait until those black bars come in, We've got them on order and hopefully they come In sooner :(

My car was actually reall dirty when I took these pictures Its been raining all week here and sun just came out as I drove home :p

Any update on the black aeroblades? I know they are on sale now and thinking of doing the same thing for my OB. Also, what size of aeroblades are on your car? I think the roof rack will look good on the car without taking it out. :D

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Any update on the black aeroblades? I know they are on sale now and thinking of doing the same thing for my OB. Also, what size of aeroblades are on your car? I think the roof rack will look good on the car without taking it out. :D
They're listed in our machine but we've got a delay on them. We were supposed to get them from Thule late may and they aren't here yet.

I've got the 53in blades on right now. Im still considering trying the whisbars for a lower profile look but there isn't an "official" fit for the Q50 or any recent G sedans I could get my hands on

·
Registered
189 Posts
On a side note. I love your thule box setup. How did you mount them?
I have been looking for a solution for ages.

AHHHH... life in Van. Best skiing and best mtn biking.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Those mounts were there long before i started working.. haha im sure theyre something simple you can pick up at the hardware store though. They do sell a pulley system that hoists the box up onto the roof of the garage

·
Registered
540 Posts
They're listed in our machine but we've got a delay on them. We were supposed to get them from Thule late may and they aren't here yet.

I've got the 53in blades on right now. Im still considering trying the whisbars for a lower profile look but there isn't an "official" fit for the Q50 or any recent G sedans I could get my hands on
Cool. Keep us posted. Thanks bro!

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
finally put the black bars on even though we got them a few weeks ago. will post pictures tonight.

Edit : Heres the photos, i'll do a little shoot when i get her front windows done back up. I apologize for the shitty phone pics, The bars are powder coated black, they're not gloss its like a textured black surface.

Reactions: n_jay888

·
Registered
540 Posts
That looks awesome @Vancity808 !!! Im planning to sell my current thule setup from my past Audi to switch to this black look before the winter season begins. I even think that the rack looks good to be on the car all year long. Can't wait for more pics.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Looks stealthy. Just mount a laser cannon on the rails and you are set.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for all your help @Vancity808 . Got my set up ready for the winter and it is flushed to the rails. Sorry @Vancity808 @tonypgst but i had to plasti dip the wheels since i won't be getting an after market one for a while. I think it came out good. :D

Nice man! T-bolt flush mounted and everything! Did you end up using the G37 sedan 1551 kit too?

The bars on my car make a faint whistling noise at 110km/h+ how is it with the snowboard rack on there?

·
Registered
540 Posts
Nice man! T-bolt flush mounted and everything! Did you end up using the G37 sedan 1551 kit too?

The bars on my car make a faint whistling noise at 110km/h+ how is it with the snowboard rack on there?
Yeah the rivet took me a while to take out just to install the t-bolt on the ski carrier. Thanks to you i bought the 1551. :D

I hear that noise as well on my bars but doesn't bother me at all. I took out the ski carrier as soon as i was done taking a picture and haven't driven with it yet. Lol

1 - 20 of 27 Posts