Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Perhaps I'm missing something...
And maybe it's just me...
And yes... they're annoyances not problems...

But am I the only one that is a bit annoyed that there are three screens, yet by
default - not one of them shows you the main radio screen... even though that's what I'm interacting with the most? In my G37, whatever was on the radio was always displayed - station, song info, other stations, etc. Now I have to hit the radio button to bring that screen up. Yet I have a useless enormous clock displayed on the top screen all the time

How about when I finish a call thats on bluetooth... in my G37, I could hang up with one touch of the screen or touch of my thumb. Now I have to "open" the phone app. Why doesn't the phone app open and stay open when you're on a call?

I just feel like I'm going through a couple extra steps in this new car to do things that were very intuitive in the G37. Call me old school.

anyway... I dig this car quite a bit, and it was great in the blizzard last week!

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
And maybe it's just me...
And yes... they're annoyances not problems...

But am I the only one that is a bit annoyed that there are three screens, yet by
default - not one of them shows you the main radio screen... even though that's what I'm interacting with the most? In my G37, whatever was on the radio was always displayed - station, song info, other stations, etc. Now I have to hit the radio button to bring that screen up. Yet I have a useless enormous clock displayed on the top screen all the time

How about when I finish a call thats on bluetooth... in my G37, I could hang up with one touch of the screen or touch of my thumb. Now I have to "open" the phone app. Why doesn't the phone app open and stay open when you're on a call?

I just feel like I'm going through a couple extra steps in this new car to do things that were very intuitive in the G37. Call me old school.

anyway... I dig this car quite a bit, and it was great in the blizzard last week!
Sounds like you don't have navigation. It works pretty much like you want, with navigation.

Sorry, but my Old School had nothing like phones in cars. Even before the use of dimes and pay phones, we were using tailpipe smoke signals.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
The top screen is designed for navigation, and for those without it simply displays a clock. It sounds like you want to have the radio app on and the phone app on at the same time? I've been able to do that no problem, thumb the phone icon on the steering wheel and brings up the phone app on your top screen and stays there, as for the bottom hit the music button and it pulls up whatever is currently playing (source, radio station info song info etc) on the bottom screen, or you can view that via the screen on your dash.

The G37 never had a phone like operating system based on apps like the Q50 now does, it was always just you're either looking at navi or you're looking at radio, with the option to split screen and show climate control, or navi/radio (my dad's got the same system in his 11' QX56) so the Q50 bottom screen default boots up to the main app page, after you click the music button it will not return to home screen unless you want it to.

As for the phone app, if you physically dial from your phone and then put the phone down, you will have to pull up the phone screen before you can hang up, or you wait for the other guy to hang up, however if you dial from the car, it will automatically bring the screen up and leave it up, giving you the option to either mute, transfer to handset, or to hang up the call.

Reactions: David_in_CT

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
There is a Hang up button on the left hand side steering wheel controls?
I've only taken 2 calls in my car, but I'm pretty sure it worked for me.
Everything is on your steering wheel control for the basic stuff you need I think.

Does it not work for you, .. or you seriously didn't see it... other? :confused:

It sounds like they need to do some work on the non Nav cars.
You radio station and volume show up on the Nav screen.
So at a bare minimum you know what is going on.

Otherwise yes, you need to hit the radio button at startup.

There is a startup app in the InTouch but it's not working.
Maybe when they get that all fixed it will allow you to start the radio display on startup.
I get the impression that is why the statup app is in the Garage section of InTouch.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the feedback. I'll check the other buttons.
Correct, I do not have Nav so I just get the big clock.
I sort of wish you could change the default of what is on the top screen... or either screen for that matter... when you start the car. I've got 3 clocks and no radio readout without hitting a button.

I realize how whiny this sounds... believe me. Just adjusting to the car. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
I sort of wish you could change the default of what is on the top screen... or either screen for that matter... when you start the car. I've got 3 clocks and no radio readout without hitting a button.

I realize how whiny this sounds... believe me. Just adjusting to the car. Thanks.
Its not whiney.. it sounds like they need to spend a little money and clean up the top display for the non nav so it works more like the NAV and displays useful info.

I was looking at the NAV again today. Mine will say like FM5 - 105.3 (station 5).
Or Bluetooth with the song artist for example if your streaming over bluetooth.

I'm just curious if you push in your left hand up and down button on the steering wheel.
Do you get the option to change music source and all that on the top screen?
That is the other thing with NAV, you can really control everything from the steering wheel if your good and never have to look at the lower screen.
But I'm not sure what the non nav comes with?

·
Registered
251 Posts
Do you have a display selection on the right hand side of your steering wheel? If you toggle left or right you can have the radio display on your instrument cluster or push the audio button above the radio on/off.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Do you have a display selection on the right hand side of your steering wheel? If you toggle left or right you can have the radio display on your instrument cluster or push the audio button above the radio on/off.
Oh ye I forgot about that.
I think that is standard on all models.
But you might have to enable it on the center console display from InTouch.

At least when I got my car it was off.

I don't know what the default is set to.

·
Registered
20 Posts
This has been a dead post for a while, but figured I'd ask to see if anyone ever figured this out. Pretty annoying that the bottom screen always defaults to the 'Menu screen'.

I only change something within the menu once in a blue moon. But I jump around my radio presets quite a bit. Just wish I could set the bottom screen to start-up to the 'Audio screen' instead of the menu screen. The dashboard screen retains the last used (avg fuel, tire pressures, etc). Just wish the main screen(s) would too.

·
Registered
81 Posts
This has been a dead post for a while, but figured I'd ask to see if anyone ever figured this out. Pretty annoying that the bottom screen always defaults to the 'Menu screen'.

I only change something within the menu once in a blue moon. But I jump around my radio presets quite a bit. Just wish I could set the bottom screen to start-up to the 'Audio screen' instead of the menu screen. The dashboard screen retains the last used (avg fuel, tire pressures, etc). Just wish the main screen(s) would too.
+1

I also wish it would default to audio for the same reason...

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
You only have to do that when you place the call using the phone itself - logically you need to end the call with phone as well. If you call using car's interface - the phone screen does not go away.

As for radio not being default - imagine how many people who post on Fartbook would complain about apps screen not being default? >:D

Reactions: CarolinaQ50

·
Registered
1,359 Posts

Give it more time - you will have more to complain about :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
If audio was playing when the engine was shut off, then the audio should reappear when the car is restarted. Period! Or add a menu (Y or N) option to open with the last screen accessed during shutdown. Opening the main menu every time is VERY annoying. I listen to music (SXM and FM) constantly and want the audio screen to open upon startup (or at least the option to make that a preference). Should be an easy update if INFINITI gods would approve to reprogram.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.