• Get Me Out of This POS!

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Off the Richter Scale!

Votes: 4 6.5%
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
I've only got about 450 miles on my Q50S Hybrid AWD. So far i am happy with it for the most part. It's a nice upgrade from my 2013 G37XS Sedan. The only 2 issues so far are for me is the Nav screen has ton black several times. It will com back after I shut the car off for about 10 min. My other issue is I'm hoping to see my MPG improve. I got just under 300 miles on my first full tank o gas and a MPG of 19.9... I'll give that time and hope it improves. I'll vote onceI have some more miles on the car but i'm happy overall so far.

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
I wouldn't say it's off the scale for me--there are just a couple of small nitpicks that I have about the car. I couldn't justify giving it a 4/5 based on those nitpicks, so I give it a 5/5 (rounded up from a 4.5 :) ).

I give it a 4.5 based on:
Pros
-Excellent interior fit and finish and design
-A large step up from the G37 in nearly every way, including rear legroom, transmission refinement, audio system, interior layout, and overall exterior stance
-Exterior design is maturely unique and athletic
-Direct Adaptive Steering provides flexible gearing ratios and variable engine responses (and no issues on my end)
-Sport seats are well bolstered and comfortable
-Navigation and Voice-Activation systems are quick and responsive

Cons
-The tire/wind noise entering the interior
-RFT's could use more grip
-Bluetooth audio tends to lag between songs
-Intouch app loading is about 15 seconds too long

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
I wouldn't say it's off the scale for me--there are just a couple of small nitpicks that I have about the car. I couldn't justify giving it a 4/5 based on those nitpicks, so I give it a 5/5 (rounded up from a 4.5 :) ).

I give it a 4.5 based on:
Pros
-Excellent interior fit and finish and design
-A large step up from the G37 in nearly every way, including rear legroom, audio system, interior layout, and exterior stance
-Exterior design is maturely unique and athletic
-Direct Adaptive Steering provides flexible gearing ratios and variable engine responses
-Sport seats are well bolstered and comfortable
-Navigation and Voice-Activation system is quick and responsive

Cons
-The tire/wind noise entering the interior
-RFT's could use more grip
-Bluetooth audio tends to lag between songs
-Intouch app loading is about 15 seconds too long
I have to agree on all your pros and cons except for the one about the RFT. I would have gone with this instead:

-RFTs suck and shouldn't have been put on this car at all!!

But that's just my opinion...:D

·
Premium Member
1,844 Posts
VBX must have voted. :rolleyes:

One vote for "Get Me Out of This POS! "
And now that VBX has used that as his vote, we can all guess who the 2nd person was to have that same vote....:rolleyes:

Dang...I swear I can't think of that other person.. I know I am lying.:D

·
Registered
45 Posts
Well, I had the famous "Chassis Control System Error" today. -4 out right not (Fahrenheit for our Non-US friends). Not much steering. Reminds me of when my power steering went out on my old Camaro.

It's in for service as we speak (DAS Flash). Service Manager said that I will have the DAS recall notice in my mail within the next few days.

I had to give 3 out of 5 stars. I've owned an Infiniti since 1997. They used to just work. Everything worked, there were no quirks.

This new model has too many issues. I know they are relatively minor (OK, not being able to steer is not minor). However, I will not accept the "It's cutting edge and the software will be fixed). While that is true, the software (especially InTouch) has far too many issues. Again, mostly minor, but the system should have "just worked" like previous models.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I only have about 400 miles, but I would say that even though this car has some issues, no car is perfect and overall, it's a very fun car to drive, the gadgets seems to be working well for me and it looks great both inside and outside.

The few cons:

The Hybrid brakes suck, just way too grabby, touchy and unpredictable. The car can slow itself down just fine, but using the pedal it's almost impossible to consistently caress it to a smooth stop at very low speeds.

Lack of trunk space on hybrids

The runflats are almost a necessity for the hybrid do to lack of trunk space

I guess the runflats and small trunk are the trade offs for the hybrid, although I may eventually take my chances and run regular tires without a spare.

But the brakes seem like a failed design (software and or mechanical).

These issues alone are not enough to sway me into another car unless the brakes in DC traffic drive me nuts.

Otherwise, the car is great. I would probably give it a 4.5 today pending any future DAS problems. I actually like the DAS so long as it's dependable.

Fix the brakes on the Hybrid and no more DAS lockups in cold (and hopefully hot weather) and this car is a 5.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.