Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts
I have it as well. I have been waiting on taking the car to the dealer until the software update was release.

It does seem to be coming from the top driver side door panel. Cant really pin point it though.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
I seam to hear a rattle on front passenger side... The other annoying thing is when the windows are down the rear seat belts flap around like crazy.

-Matt

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
The only rattle(more like a buzz) I have is that sometimes when I go over a bump, I hear it in the moonroof area. I figured it out when I held the cover to the moonroof before hitting a bump, and then no noise. It's not a big deal, and I don't know whether it could be fixed, anyway.

·
Premium Member
1,070 Posts
I have a rattle as well, but on the front passenger side. Almost sounds like one of those radiation geiger counters. Have taken it to the dealership five times now, they put in padding, noise goes away for couple of days, then slowly starts back again.

Drive me nuts. Feels like I am drving some cheap clunker, not a luxury car.

·
Registered
8 Posts
My front passenger door also has a sound like a rolling ball bearing inside the speaker grill or the door itself. In my case it sounds like it's rolling from one end of the door to the other and only occurs when making tight (relatively high g-force) turns one way or the other. Could almost be construed as a geiger counter sound I suppose…it is high pitched, but I can definitely hear it as a rolling object sound.

·
Registered
697 Posts
**Update**

Just got back from the dealership. Had a really good tech and service manager. They immediately gave me the tech to ride along and hear the noise as soon as I advise of it.

We rode for a few minutes and tech confirm the noise. They took it back and for three hours he worked on it and drove after each correction made. The noise is still there. The tech said is a lot more promounce when you drive it with the door panel off and that it seems to be coming from the window regulator assembly. He said that when he lowers the window the ticking noise is gone.

They have orderded a new window regulator assembly in hopes of correction. I mentioned the seatbelt tensioner area, but he verified it was coming from the area coming above.

Tech explained that the regulator assembly has some clips attached to it and he beliefs that is what is causing it.

At this point Im waiting on the call for part arrival and appt for replacement. I will keep you guys posted.

Thanks

·
Registered
407 Posts
Im really good at looking out for stuff like this. So far i was able to test drive a Q50 at the dealer, and drive a couple of my friends Q50's, no issue like that on the ones i tested.

·
Registered
164 Posts
How about a whistle from the sunroof?

-Matt

·
Registered
697 Posts
Car is at the dealership to correct the rattle. The New window regulator assembly is getting installed.

An engineer has requested to look at the car to see whats causing the noise as this is the first they hear about this problem.

I will keep you guys posted

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts
+1 would like to know what happened as well!

Sorry guys for missing this. They replaced the regulator after the engineer advised that was the cause, but did not fixed the issue. Currently waiting on engineer to come back to determine what is causing it.

They do agree with me that the noise is coming out is coming from the top middle of the panel.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Sorry guys for missing this. They replaced the regulator after the engineer advised that was the cause, but did not fixed the issue. Currently waiting on engineer to come back to determine what is causing it.

They do agree with me that the noise is coming out is coming from the top middle of the panel.

No worries! Good to know but sucks also since that didnt fix it! What could it be? :confused:

·
Registered
65 Posts
Heard that before on my second week of ownership.

If the window remains open, once you close the door, you'll hear the rattle.
If closed window no rattle.

Its normal... but if it really isnt the window, I would suggest installing dynamat sound isolation in the doors. Better sound quality while driving, no rattle, no unnecessary vibrations.

2014 Lexus RX350 F Sport
2010 Infiniti FX35S (2nd Gen)
2010 Mercedes ML350
2007 Mazda CX-7 (Turbo Stage 2)

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'm new to the forums here but I too have the same issue with my Q50. A random rattle that occurs on both sides of the car, around the door area. At first I thought it was something in the door pockets, but that wasn't it. I tend to hear it when I have the music/bass quite loud (thought it was a blown speaker at first, but I can listen to music for 30 minutes straight and not hear it), and it seems to happen very randomly while driving.

I'm going to stay tuned for a fix. I'll try the seat belt retention area fix later this evening. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'll be honest, I feel really stupid right now. The rattle I was referring to was actually caused by my metal sunglasses in the sunglasses holder up top. Once I removed them and put them in the storage/ash tray down below I haven't heard the noise since. Unfortunately I think I may need to add some padding in this glasses holder, they're too plastic.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.