Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 135 Posts

·
Registered
2014 3.7, 14 Hybrid S, 17 Silver sport, 17 Red Sport, now 18 Signature.
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, after six to eight months I'm picking another Q50, it's an 18 Signature with 40k, a car that I could stay away from, too nice. I'm getting it during the week, same color as the last ones I've had, this has stone interior. Nice to be back. Dom.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Hey guys, after six to eight months I'm picking another Q50, it's an 18 Signature with 40k, a car that I could stay away from, too nice. I'm getting it during the week, same color as the last ones I've had, this has stone interior. Nice to be back. Dom.
Great to hear Dom!! (y) :)

Reactions: mapleDom

·
Super Moderator
Murrieta, CA, USA
6,397 Posts
Awesome news! Welcome back my friend! Thanks for staying in touch here and there and via PM.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Awesome news! Welcome back my friend! Thanks for staying in touch here and there and via PM.
I'm glad to be back. Thanks buddy.

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
12,790 Posts
I figured you'd come back to the dark side.

Reactions: mapleDom

·
Super Moderator
Murrieta, CA, USA
6,397 Posts
Now we need to combine our efforts to get @rpiotro back in a Q50.

Reactions: rpiotro and Pillboy

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Does this make it your 5th Q50? That has to be a world record!

·
Registered
4,120 Posts
Now we need to combine our efforts to get @rpiotro back in a Q50.
My Leaf fits the mission perfectly for my lifestyle now but I do truly miss that Q. The best car I have ever owned.

I don't know if I mentioned it before but about 4 days after I got the new car I stopped at the dealer to drop some things off. I didn't see the Q on the lot. I asked the sales manager if it was sold already. He said no, Gordie junior (the dealer principal) has been driving it. He really likes that car.

What's not to like. It has been sold retail since.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My Leaf fits the mission perfectly for my lifestyle now but I do truly miss that Q. The best car I have ever owned.

I don't know if I mentioned it before but about 4 days after I got the new car I stopped at the dealer to drop some things off. I didn't see the Q on the lot. I asked the sales manager if it was sold already. He said no, Gordie junior (the dealer principal) has been driving it. He really likes that car.

Enjoy the Leaf, I tried it, I needed a bit more for the back seat, adults don't fit very well. Nice car though.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Does this make it your 5th Q50? That has to be a world record!
I broke my own record, there was a three way tie, four Volvos, four Ford's now five Infinities.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Reactions: Avedis53

·
Premium Member
2018 Q50 Red Sport 400 AWD
4,639 Posts

Does the Leaf get any special charger for home installation, or just plug it into 120 volts?

How many public charges have you used so far?

·
Registered
847 Posts
Welcome back!!!!!! We all knew you missed ripped belts in your life

Reactions: Batell

·
Registered
5,649 Posts
Welcome back sir!

Reactions: ptatohed

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
This video seems appropriate:

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
12,790 Posts

·
Registered
4,120 Posts
Does the Leaf get any special charger for home installation, or just plug it into 120 volts?

How many public charges have you used so far?
It comes with a level II "Travel charger". It also has a bracket for wall mounting. Just slide it in and out of the bracket. The plug is a NEMA 14-50 so called RV plug. Very common. I had an electrician friend install a receptacle in my garage on a 40 amp 240v circuit. That will give me 32 amp charging. I can easily go from dead battery to full charge overnight on time of use rates. It will charge at the rate of about 26 miles of range per hour of charge. The charger also has an adaptor so that you can use a 120v 15 amp circuit but that only gives about 4 miles of range per hour of charge. Not very practical but works for some people.

I have not yet used a public charger. With 220 miles of range I can usually go about a week between charges. The dealer is only 1/2 mile from me and I can charge for free there if I choose. There are other public chargers nearby.

The Leaf is not well suited for road trips for several reasons I won't bore you with. Most notably, lack of active thermal management for the battery. Makes repeated fast charges problematic.

I have a client 56 miles away that I can easily do the round trip. I have another one 100 miles away that I visit about once a year. That would be risky to do on a single charge. There are fast chargers available at about the halfway point. I could stop there on the return trip for about 15minutes and have plenty of headroom to get home. I went to Road America last Saturday. It was great test. A milestone. 67 miles each way. Puttering around the track on a 92° day with the AC on. Including turning the climate control on as I walked back to the car. Bit of a headwind on the way home. Arrived back home with 54 miles remaining in the tank. I always have a plan B. Take the wife's car.

A picture of my charging station;

·
Registered
3,635 Posts
What happened to your jag? You still have it?

1 - 20 of 135 Posts