Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 135 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
12,305 Posts
She looks like if she took off her shirt, her back would be hairy also.

Reactions: rpiotro

·
Premium Member
2018 Q50 Red Sport 400 AWD
4,256 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Murrieta, CA, USA
6,085 Posts
lol

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Service sucked, and they discontinued it, all they cared about was Land Rovers.
that sucks man!

And then you'll get bored with it again, sell it, and buy a Fiat 500 Abarth or the like.
And then the service would suck, all they would care about is Alfa, then he'll get another Q. It's a vicious cycle.

·
Super Moderator
Murrieta, CA, USA
6,085 Posts
that sucks man!

And then the service would suck, all they would care about is Alfa, then he'll get another Q. It's a vicious cycle.
adix, what will it take to get you back in 50?

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
Glad to hear your enjoying the leaf seemed like you would enjoy it when you initially considered swapping, I'm strongly considering changing to an EV for my daily
since 91 Octane is nearly $1.60 per L up here (almost $6/gallon) for you US folk and looking to get only more expensive.

Honestly if Nissan released a redesigned Leaf based on the ARIYA EV platform with real thermal management I'd be sold on the idea,
was expecting to do a hybrid next or the redesigned Q60 but nearly $30K in fuel savings over 10 years (assuming prices stay at this level)
is just too much money to ignore.
I am now more convinced than ever. If you are a two car family and have the ability to install a charger at your residence one of your vehicles should be an EV.

And I say that not because I am an environmental extremist. EVs are simply better. Smooth, quiet, powerful and responsive with practically zero maintenance costs. My "fuel" costs are less that 3¢ per mile charging off-peak on time of use rates. The fact that there is some benefit to the environment is a plus. Also significant improvements in capacity and charging speed are right around the corner. For instance, KIA is releasing a car later this year that has the ability to charge at a whopping 350KW! The chargers aren't there yet but coming.

Take your ICE powered car on an extended road trip. Say 400 mile range on a tank of fuel. That is a long time to go without stretching your legs. Get to a fueling station. You can fill the tank in five minutes if there is no line. You will probably want to go to the bathroom, get a coffee and stretch your legs. Soon you will have an EV that has a range of 350 miles and can be refilled in 15-20 minutes.

My son has a Tesla "Y". He took a four day road trip from Milwaukee WI to Holland, Lansing and Dearborn (Henry Ford Museum) MI and back. At the motel in Lansing they had a free level II charger so it got refilled overnight. At GM's Renaissance they had reserved parking spots right out front for EVs. Picked up a free 60 miles of range while they toured downtown Detroit. In the four days he said they spent a total of about 90 minutes sitting at Tesla superchargers. And one of those times they had lunch anyway.

They are not for everybody. Easy access to charging is a must. ICE powered cars are still going to be around for a long time.

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
Hair loss can be a sign of high testosterone levels too.
Says every bald man.;) I am now finally losing my hair at a rapid rate. Does that mean that testosterone increases after 65?

·
Premium Member
4,256 Posts
Says every bald man.;) I am now finally losing my hair at a rapid rate. Does that mean that testosterone increases after 65?
I was trying to make spud feel good about himself.

·
Registered
5,541 Posts
I am now more convinced than ever. If you are a two car family and have the ability to install a charger at your residence one of your vehicles should be an EV.

And I say that not because I am an environmental extremist. EVs are simply better. Smooth, quiet, powerful and responsive with practically zero maintenance costs. My "fuel" costs are less that 3¢ per mile charging off-peak on time of use rates. The fact that there is some benefit to the environment is a plus. Also significant improvements in capacity and charging speed are right around the corner. For instance, KIA is releasing a car later this year that has the ability to charge at a whopping 350KW! The chargers aren't there yet but coming.

Take your ICE powered car on an extended road trip. Say 400 mile range on a tank of fuel. That is a long time to go without stretching your legs. Get to a fueling station. You can fill the tank in five minutes if there is no line. You will probably want to go to the bathroom, get a coffee and stretch your legs. Soon you will have an EV that has a range of 350 miles and can be refilled in 15-20 minutes.

My son has a Tesla "Y". He took a four day road trip from Milwaukee WI to Holland, Lansing and Dearborn (Henry Ford Museum) MI and back. At the motel in Lansing they had a free level II charger so it got refilled overnight. At GM's Renaissance they had reserved parking spots right out front for EVs. Picked up a free 60 miles of range while they toured downtown Detroit. In the four days he said they spent a total of about 90 minutes sitting at Tesla superchargers. And one of those times they had lunch anyway.

They are not for everybody. Easy access to charging is a must. ICE powered cars are still going to be around for a long time.
Don't need to sell me on the idea of EV's I'm all for them I'm actually writing this from a Fuel Cell R&D facility. ;)

The only real show stopper up here is how cold it gets you end up with nearly half your normal range which is drained further while the car is sitting.
So I need something that will manage about 500KM on a charge (250km freezing temps) so I have a nice buffer of range if I need to make some
emergency trips and I'm not screwed if the battery degrades after a couple of years.

Currently the only automaker that fits that bill and sells something that isn't a Cross-Over is Tesla who I don't trust to hold
up in our winters, my buddy just picked up a model 3 so I'm waiting to see how his experience with it is. Hah

Reactions: mapleDom

·
Super Moderator
Murrieta, CA, USA
6,085 Posts
87 has now topped $4.00 / gal at the cheapest stations around here. $4.36 at a name brand station. :(

·
Premium Member
Allen, Texas
498 Posts
Mid-Term Elections could prove to be a referendum with inflation rates growing this quickly...

Reactions: rpiotro

·
Registered
2014 3.7, 14 Hybrid S, 17 Silver sport, 17 Red Sport, now 18 Signature.
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Last year at this time they were giving gas away, this year they are making up for it, and nobody is complaining. $1.55 for 91 octane Canadian for one Litre.
And then you'll get bored with it again, sell it, and buy a Fiat 500 Abarth or the like.

·
Premium Member
SW New Hampshire
4,803 Posts
I have to admit I'm looking forward to my Aptera. I ordered the 600 mile range silver with the full solar panel option. Also the AWD.

·
Premium Member
4,256 Posts

·
Registered
5,541 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
12,305 Posts
Reactions: [email protected]

·
Super Moderator
Murrieta, CA, USA
6,085 Posts
I'm thinking it will sticker at mid 30s stripped, and low to mid 40s nicely equipped. It'll be a nice car but I don't think the desire for a 2-door, 2-seat, sports car is there like some think it is. And the manual transmission everyone is talking about? I bet less than 20% will be sold with manuals. If there is a markup, I don't think it will last long.

Reactions: BigHeadClan

·
Registered
5,541 Posts
I'm thinking it will sticker at mid 30s stripped, and low to mid 40s nicely equipped.
Yep my thoughts as well in terms of price.

Let's start a pool to guess how much dealerships will mark up the Z's over MSRP.
Nissan steps in and tells dealerships no markup..... Yeah that would never happen I'm saying 12k.

Reactions: q50adix

·
Premium Member
4,256 Posts
I'm thinking it will sticker at mid 30s stripped, and low to mid 40s nicely equipped. It'll be a nice car but I don't think the desire for a 2-door, 2-seat, sports car is there like some think it is. And the manual transmission everyone is talking about? I bet less than 20% will be sold with manuals. If there is a markup, I don't think it will last long.
I agree. While there are Z-car fan boys out there, I don't think there are as many as there are for the various iterations of Shelby Mustangs.

41 - 60 of 135 Posts