Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what car? did a reader review of the Q50, see the video of it on their website by visiting this link: Readers review the 2013 Infiniti Q50 - What Car?

• Infiniti Q50 assessed by readers
  • BMW 3 Series rival available with a diesel
  • On sale in September, priced from £27,350
The Infiniti Q50 doesn't go on sale in the UK until September, but What Car? readers have already had the chance to preview the car in the metal and tell us what they think of the new BMW 3 Series rival.

It is the first car designed by Infiniti specifically for the European market. The Q50's predecessor, the G Series, struggled to sell here because it was available only with a V6 petrol engine. The Q50 now gets a diesel option — pitching it directly against BMW's best-selling 320d.

The 167bhp 2.2-litre diesel will come with either a six-speed manual or a seven-speed automatic gearbox and in rear-wheel-drive form only.

Average economy is more than 60mpg with sub-115g/km CO2 emissions. A 3.5-litre petrol-electric hybrid will also be available, with a combined power output of 359bhp and a 0-62mph time of less than 5.5 seconds.

The car maker has said that the car will be packed with technology, featuring direct adaptive steering that can be tuned to the driver's preference, and active lane control connected to the steering rather than the brakes.

Infiniti believes the Q50 will prove to be the last word in driveability, luxury and practicality, but did our readers agree?

Watch the video to find out what our readers thought of the car at our exclusive preview.

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
The cool accents are what I'm afraid of losing if I get the black one (natural inclination). They could be lost in the background as opposed to the graphite Shadow. Still need to see in person but leaning towards Graphite more and more every day.
That's a riot! :D I do believe something here was misunderstood.:D

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
I originally gave credit to Gbert for the find but nice find Q50fan... Lol Consensus QUALITY...

·
Premium Member
1,692 Posts
Good find here, lots of close ups and honest opinions. Notice the older guys lamenting the lack of buttons except for the guy that likes the phone integration. Honestly I think Infiniti compromised well here by including some real buttons around the screen and on the steering wheel.

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
Good find here, lots of close ups and honest opinions. Notice the older guys lamenting the lack of buttons except for the guy that likes the phone integration. Honestly I think Infiniti compromised well here by including some real buttons around the screen and on the steering wheel.
......... and speaking of old guys...........

It hit me immediately about the criticism of the touch screens. To tell the truth, I prefer to just hit a button or turn a dial. Though there may be more things that can be done with all the technology, that doesn't make things simpler. To me, all that stuff is way down my list of important things. Once I fix the settings, there will be very little change to them, if at all.

Little story: On my last rip to Vegas, I rented a Chevy Cruze. It took me more than ten minutes to figure out(actually, by accident) how to get the FM radio station I wanted. I couldn't get the **** screen to change from the Sirius mode it was in. I have a feeling I'm going to be driving the sales people at the dealership nuts with questions.:eek:

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
Yeah, I agree that Infiniti has hit a sweet spot. I've seen in other preview videos how journalists appreciated that all of your normal/common function buttons like climate control, radio, volume,..etc. Those are all still button, switch, or knob operated. I think it makes more sense to have all of the higher tech controls to be touch-based as with 99% of all of the phone technology we have out there that operate similarly.

It's a learning curve for older drivers for sure, but I don't see it going the other way looking forward.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Thanks for the vid. I am looking at all the vids that show off the Hagane Blue/Azure Silver color, as that is the color I have on order.

Can't wait to see it in person.
I think the colors are a bit desaturated in this video, the Hagane Blue looks much richer under outdoor light in this video at 2:33:http://youtu.be/pM3CKt25yqM?t=2m33s

Then again, the same car under the same light at the same event (London Motorexpo 2013) looks yet again very different in this picture. That is an elusive color to capture...
http://images.cdn.autocar.co.uk/sites/autocar.co.uk/files/london-motor-expo-2013-27.jpg

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.