Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,844 Posts
I've hit 130 in my hybrid. The recent C&D article stated that the top speed (governor-limited) was 149.
Aggie, if you don't have any videos, it didn't happen...lol :D:D

·
Registered
139 Posts
I've hit 130 in my hybrid. The recent C&D article stated that the top speed (governor-limited) was 149.
WOW! Where were you driving to get up to 130?

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
Haha...i have my speed notification set at 120 MPH and I've gotten the text response once :) This was while I was in Toronto.

Reactions: Q50Aggie

·
Premium Member
1,177 Posts
Reactions: CarolinaQ50

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
I've hit 130 in my hybrid.
Wow that's pretty good. I'm gonna put mine to test on the Bush Turnpike this wkend. Lot of wide-open space to push it upwards at those speeds.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I did 120 during a test drive, the salesman is my buddy from SCCA.
It felt no different than 60. The G37 did 157 as per my GPS. I hope that
the NSA does not monitor this forum.

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
I did 120 during a test drive, the salesman is my buddy from SCCA.
It felt no different than 60. The G37 did 157 as per my GPS. I hope that
the NSA does not monitor this forum.
They're watching.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
243 Posts
Talking about high speed runs, I had my 2009 Nissan GT-R up to 160 for several miles on Interstate 10 through Texas. It was wide open around the highway with nothing in sight for miles, so I took my chances. 160 really didn't feel that fast until I looked at the landscape on the roadside. Otherwise, I set my cruise control on 120-130 for several hours and just kept passing the few cars on the road like they were standing still. I figured it was my one and only opportunity to go nuts like that. I guess I was lucky, no tickets, no mishaps. I was grinnin' from ear to ear though.:D

Melbec Blue/Stone Sport Hybrid

·
Registered
15 Posts
Anyone seen (or tested themselves) the top speed of the Qs?
guessing 3.7 RWD, AWD & hybrid #s will vary some.
I have driven competitively and have many hours of track time and training. The Toll road from Orange County Beach Cities to inland empire has some amazingly smooth and dip-free sections. Just after the 133 transitions to the 241, 2AM, no traffic, I took my Q50S Hybrid up to just over 140 on that stretch. It felt like there was significant room to spare. Certainly had room on the tach. Tremendously stable, quiet and flat at that speed, even though I only stayed there for about 6 - 7 seconds. Save your breath about being an idiot to drive that fast, I'm just commenting for the forum's info. And yes, the baby was safely strapped in a car seat.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.