Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been on vacation the past week and came in to see about 20 Q50's on the back lot. We have one car designated for test drives, a Premium with Deluxe Touring.

A couple other salesmen jumped in and we took it for a spin on my normal test drive route. First thing you notice is how much quieter the Q is vs. the G on the same road surfaces. One negative comment I always get during a test drive on both a G and even an M (especially from Lexus drivers) was the high level of road noise. This road noise would vary greatly depending on the road surface you were one. However, the Q50 is MUCH quieter no matter what the road surface might be...a BIG improvement.

Another difference was the superior comfort of the back seat. Not only s there more room, but I felt more stable in the seat (even during some hard cornering) vs. the G and the Q didn't have any "pressure points".

Pretty much everything in the interior is an upgrade whether it be size, comfort, design or materials.

Handling was very stable and I felt confident pushing the car a little around some curves, even on the std 18" tires.

I'm looking forward to August 5th...or 6th...or...

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Thanksnfor sharing your experience man! Thats one of the big things I love about the Q50! The first time I sat in the back seat, along with the front seat, it felt nice! And from there on, I knew this was the car I was looking for! :D

Btw, standard 18" tires?

Reactions: afrosheen

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
I've been on vacation the past week and came in to see about 20 Q50's on the back lot. We have one car designated for test drives, a Premium with Deluxe Touring.

A couple other salesmen jumped in and we took it for a spin on my normal test drive route. First thing you notice is how much quieter the Q is vs. the G on the same road surfaces. One negative comment I always get during a test drive on both a G and even an M (especially from Lexus drivers) was the high level of road noise. This road noise would vary greatly depending on the road surface you were one. However, the Q50 is MUCH quieter no matter what the road surface might be...a BIG improvement.

Another difference was the superior comfort of the back seat. Not only s there more room, but I felt more stable in the seat (even during some hard cornering) vs. the G and the Q didn't have any "pressure points".

Pretty much everything in the interior is an upgrade whether it be size, comfort, design or materials.

Handling was very stable and I felt confident pushing the car a little around some curves, even on the std 18" tires.

I'm looking forward to August 5th...or 6th...or...
You're an infiniti salesperson and you don't know the standard tires are 17's?

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
You're an infiniti salesperson and you don't know the standard tires are 17's?
Relax man! Maybe just a typo! Lets cut him a break! Just questioned it on my post above so he can see it! :)

·
Registered
336 Posts
Hmmmm.. still trying to figure out how to upload pics! But I figured out what the "a" means. It just stands for the base model. Infiniti has decided to get rid of it and the dealer is removing them all (I think I saw 2 of them on the lot out of about 15 cars). They were base with Nav only.

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
Hmmmm.. still trying to figure out how to upload pics! But I figured out what the "a" means. It just stands for the base model. Infiniti has decided to get rid of it and the dealer is removing them all (I think I saw 2 of them on the lot out of about 15 cars). They were base with Nav only.
Just hit advanced and then manage attachments

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Just test drove the Q50 today. I'll post my thoughts tomorrow morning. In the meantime, here are some pics, including the Silver and the Malbec which don't seem to have too many pics in here.
Instead of posting in quick reply, click go advanced then click the attatchment icon(paperclip) then follow instruction on how to upload! Hope that helps!

·
Registered
336 Posts
(Thanks BenW and gbert, without whom these pics would never see the light of day!)

Ok, now the pics and some quick comments!

Pic of the Malbec black. This one's supposedly already preordered. (TT, is this yours??)
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive design Motor vehicle

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Automotive design

A silver!!! I actually really liked this silver. Granted it was out in the sun, and I don't know if it looks flatter in a garage.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Luxury vehicle Motor vehicle

Also really liked the Hagane blue. Much better looking in person. My favorite color I think. You can see the grains in the second pic.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Luxury vehicle

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Alloy wheel Hood

Lineup of Q50s:

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
336 Posts
Call me weird, but this is why I'm opting for the premium instead of the sport. I don't like the bulkiness of the sport bumper here from the side (nearer car is sport, farther is non-sport).
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Alloy wheel Motor vehicle

Here is the non-sport:
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Personal luxury car Alloy wheel

I also don't seem to mind the 17s to be quite honest!

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Here's a white sport hybrid that's already been bought by a Mr. "D" (the name was on the windshield). Are you in this forum?!?! :)

View attachment 3618
You're welcome man! Hope I was Mr.D! Hehe! Thats what I ordered too though but with just Nav Package! :D

Anyways, thanks for sharing all these pics man!

·
Registered
260 Posts
Call me weird, but this is why I'm opting for the premium instead of the sport. I don't like the bulkiness of the sport bumper here from the side (nearer car is sport, farther is non-sport).
View attachment 3602

Here is the non-sport:
View attachment 3610

I also don't seem to mind the 17s to be quite honest!
I'm with you, I find the sport bumper very ugly.
Initially I was also with you on the 17" wheels because I remembered the harshness of the G37S wheels, but after reading reports that the ride was comfortable, I changed my mind, and now I want them and I cannot have them (I want a Hybrid Premium).
And today I saw a Honda Accord with almost the same wheels, and thought "why should I get Honda wheels if I'm paying BMW prices?".

Attachments

·
Registered
396 Posts
(Thanks BenW and gbert, without whom these pics would never see the light of day!)

Pic of the Malbec black. This one's supposedly already preordered. (TT, is this yours??)
View attachment 3522
View attachment 3530

Yes Yes Yes!!! (@Kuni, right?) Ahhhhhh, so exciting! That has to be MY beautiful baby! ( Perfect weather to view the purple hue, isn't it?!) I didn't know its already there! Thank you thank you!! :D

Since you did test drive, I guess we CAN? Too bad I won't be able to take it home, though. Have to wait till 5th, if not later..

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts

View attachment 3522
View attachment 3530

Yes Yes Yes!!! (@Kuni, right?) Ahhhhhh, so exciting! That has to be MY beautiful baby! ( Perfect weather to view the purple hue, isn't it?!) I didn't know its already there! Thank you thank you!! :D

Since you did test drive, I guess we CAN? Too bad I won't be able to take it home, though. Have to wait till 5th, if not later..

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Happy to hear your Q50 is there already! More pics of your Q50 pls!!! :D

Reactions: tt_45

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
WAIT! Is that Malbec Black SPORT? I ordered the Premium! :confused: (but as I know mine is the only Malbec Black pre-ordered in WA...)??? :eek::(

Oh well. We will see...
Yes maam it is sport!

·
Registered
396 Posts
WAIT! Is that Malbec Black SPORT? I ordered the Premium! :confused: (but as I know mine is the only Malbec Black pre-ordered in WA...)??? :eek::(

Oh well. We will see...
And I thought I CORRECTED my signature!! (Yes, I did! SimpsonTide! :( ) what's up with this! Better do it again! Can't even spell my own dream car... :(:eek::rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.