Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The story started like this. Last Thursday, I failed to start up my car. I didn't leave the headlight on, and only parked the car on the parking lot for 1 hour before I returned to it. So, there must be something wrong with the battery or starter. The road assistant guy came, and helped me start the car. He said the battery was a little low, but seemed fine. He suggested me to drive for 30 minutes to get the battery fully recharged and see. I did what he said. Seemed the problem solved. But on Friday morning, although I started the engine successfully, it just didn't sound right. I have owned this M37 for 2 and half years and I know how it supposed to sound. So, I turn the car to this dealer.

Actually, Infiniti Tustin is the closest dealer to where I live. But one of my friends has had issue with them before. They shoved his car's rear bumper a little bit during a maintenance service but took responsibility and replaced everything without a word later. So, I think they have good attitude just a little careless. Anyway, due to this, I decide to go to Infiniti Mission Viejo. I had a maintenance service there 2 months ago. And the experience was good. I had a good conversation with a sales man named Cris, who is very gentle and made me start to prefer the Q50. Although they charged a little more on the service than my previous dealer, infiniti of montclair, does, I still decided to go to them for help, which turned out to be a huge mistake.

So, I turned the car in on Friday morning, explained the problem. And since my tires and rear brakes needed to be changed, I decided to have them all done this time. The service advisor, Tony Beheshtiseemed to be a nice guy, (which turned out to be an illusion later) he explained that the battery was under warranty, if there were something wrong with that, they will replace it for free. To be honest, I don't care if it is free or not, a battery is not that expensive, I just want my car to be in good condition. Anyway, I got the loan car and was told that I would be contacted ASAP. But nothing happened for the whole morning. So, I had to call this Tony guy during my lunch break which is 4 hours later after turned in my car. He explained to me that the battery seemed good, but they would check one more time in the afternoon. Then, he started to persuade to buy Yokohama tire over Michelin. Again, this is the part I really don't care. Yes, the Yokohama is cheaper. But I know Infiniti of Montclair had sold the Michelin on discount for $200 each before. So, their offer is not that charming. Anyway, then this Tony tried to sell me the alignment, which I had no clue on what it was at that time. After explanation, I thought it was a thing which I don't really need. I told him so, but he still tried to sell this to me. So, I told him, if my car didn't equip with it originally, I thought I don't really need it. And he said ok, and he will let me know once the work was done.

Then, he didn't reply to me for another 4 hours, not until I contact him again. And this time, he told me they didn't have the Yokohama tire in store and just place order for it. The delivery would take 3 or 4 days. So, I would get my car until Monday. I was a little unhappy, but it was ok since they gave me a car, and my weekend wouldn't be screwed up. But for what I cared most, the battery issue, he said they would check it one more time later today. And that ended Friday.

On Saturday, the most horrible thing happened. Since I didn't hear anything from him, I called him again. When he heard it was me again, this Tony paused a little, and started to explain the tire would take several days to deliver. I explained that I was fully aware of that, what I wanted to know was the battery. And this guy suddenly turn on me, and asked, "So, Mr. what do you want me to do? I don't have any technician working now. This is Saturday. I do work on Saturday but I need to take care of other customers as well." I was quite irate, but I thought maybe it was because I didn't express myself good enough. English is not my first language, so sometimes I did have to try a little harder to express myself. So, I tried to explain how I worried about my car, and wanted to know its condition. And if I offended him, I apologize. But this guy was indifferent and throw this to me. "Please do me a favor, just hung in there. I promise I will contact you bla bla bla" which means "shut the fXXk off until I call you". He did use very polite wording to express this meaning, I think I can give him credit on that :rolleyes:. And up to now, I still didn't hear anything from him. But on Saturday, since he carelessly changed the picked up day from "Monday" again to "Tuesday", I think that is reasonable.

To be honest, I was shocked by his attitude. My parents have some European car including high-end brand like Maserati. So, I know how customers are treated there. And Montclair always treat me warmly and kindly, so I believe not all Infiniti dealers treat customers like that. I think to contact customers within 3 hours to inform them the situation is common sense. And even Toyota dealer won't call a customer to shut up.

So, I did some research on this dealer. I knew generally speaking, they get high score review on many sites, but there were folks talking about their service team are nice but not capable enough. And also in one forum, a user report that this dealer tried to screw over him because he is young. This make me start to wonder why my car has never had any problems before, but once I turned in my car to them for the first time, it started to have issues. This is a 2 and half year old Japanese car, which have been taken good care of. So, there shouldn't be any problems, especially one that can't be diagnosed. Would that be because they thought me another rich spoiled Chinese boy and decide to make me a target? That will be scary, because in China, dealer causes cars to have problems in order to persuade customers to buy parts. My car's problem should be easy to detect, either the battery or the starter go bad. But Infiniti of Mission Veijo still haven't given me any explanation. So, I guess I should just keep mouth shut and wait.

One thing need to be clarified is that I do have Chinese accent, but that doesn't mean I'm rich spoiled kid. My friend had Cayenne in high school, Quattroporte in University, and now F12. I like all those cars, but I purchased what I can afford and I earn what I work for. That's the reason why I bought Infiniti. I want to have a reliable car with decent performance and some luxury. The European cars are too expensive to keep. But now, what I want to do is to trade-in the car for a Honda. I don't want to offend you, my friends, as I am one of you. And I feel sorry to say so as Infiniti of Montclair always treat me well. But this experience really annoys me. I get tired of owning fake luxury brand like infiniti and Acura, which means reasonable cost with compromised performance. I think I should trade the tiny luxury halo and little better performance for some more reliable entry level car. And later, I will get a real luxury car no matter how much it cost. That's the reason I make the post here. I just really don't care if Infiniti Mission Viejo sees it and start to make damage on my M37.

That's my story. I maybe wrong on this dealer, or maybe not. But I shared what I know. So, do I suggest you use this dealer? Absolutely not.

·
Premium Member
1,844 Posts
M37, not a Q50.....:confused:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Maybe you just got a bad service rep. I bought my Q50 from them. Did my oil change with them. So far, they seem ok.
This guy gets many 5 stars review. And he speaks really politely, but the altitude is what really matters. From his response, I can tell he just doesn't care about me. And unfortunately, his job is to serve people. :(

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
You will receive a survey on this service rep once you get your car back. You should copy and paste what you wrote here about him.
Hopefully, he will get the message from his boss.

This guy gets many 5 stars review. And he speaks really politely, but the altitude is what really matters. From his response, I can tell he just doesn't care about me. And unfortunately, his job is to serve people. :(

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You will receive a survey on this service rep once you get your car back. You should copy and paste what you wrote here about him.
Hopefully, he will get the message from his boss.
Thank you for the suggestion. I'll think about that. If I am who I used to be, this guy will be in big trouble. But I just don't want to argue with people anymore, which will eventually humiliate no one but myself.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I think you are over reacting on this whole situation. It's just a car man, take it easy. Dealers have other cars to take car of and they'll call you when they find out what is wrong with your car. You can't call them 2-3 times asking and nagging what the problem was. Let them do their job and you'll be happy.

If they hadn't given you a loaner, then it's understandable but since they have given you another car, why don't you appreciate that for a change and rack up some miles on it while at it at the expense of the dealer.

I used to be like you and expect much more than I got but then again i realized is you will be treated the way you treat others.

take a chill pill and everything will workout for the best.

By all means I'm not ranting on you but instead giving you advice as I used to be exactly the same as you. It hurt me in the long run but lesson learned.

take care

Reactions: ikagan

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I think you are over reacting on this whole situation. It's just a car man, take it easy. Dealers have other cars to take car of and they'll call you when they find out what is wrong with your car. You can't call them 2-3 times asking and nagging what the problem was. Let them do their job and you'll be happy.

If they hadn't given you a loaner, then it's understandable but since they have given you another car, why don't you appreciate that for a change and rack up some miles on it while at it at the expense of the dealer.

I used to be like you and expect much more than I got but then again i realized is you will be treated the way you treat others.

take a chill pill and everything will workout for the best.

By all means I'm not ranting on you but instead giving you advice as I used to be exactly the same as you. It hurt me in the long run but lesson learned.

take care
Thank you for your suggestion, bro. I think I might overreact little. But after talking with you guys, I fell much better. Thank you for that.

But, since they give me a G25, I really can't enjoy it that much:(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.