Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reference to long standing issue: Original post
Anyone faced with this issue must extremely frustrated to discover that these rear sensors are $400cad for for a $10 part. The front speed sensors are longer cables, same sensor and 1/10th the cost.

I was sure it was some mistake. I have done a thorough search of the web and cannot find any place to get this for a price i can 'live with myself' paying. Cheapest im seeing is $200+ on ebay for a used one.
I can handle a minor rip off for a premium vehicle part, but this is off-the-charts rip off! I can only conclude there is a stock shortage and the price is more then gold per ounce due to demand?

The G37 and sensors look the same and are also 1/10th the cost. How can this be justified??
I offered to buy and try this and report back. I did try this. The part is near exact, plug plastic is black instead of grey and the latch pin is slightly different. But it does fit and so i installed and tried it (see photos). Using my blue driver OBD to reset the error codes. The codes returned instantly and stayed on. chalk this up as a #fail.
Font Wood Art Tints and shades Automotive tire

By pure chance a search returned a mistake that turned out to be a $377.00 reward for all my effort and I wanted to share with all. The Q70 ABS Speed Sensor looks near identical in the picture and cost $23.00 CAD.
Line Font Screenshot Parallel Technology

It looks almost identical except the blue stripe on the cable is missing. Upon installing there was one hiccup. The plug was a hair too big on the 'wings' that stick out each side of the grey plug. I gave it a slight shave, and then with muscle, got the plug to go all the way in. Used the OBD to rest the errors. Drove the car and after 2 months of seeing error codes, I saw a pure, beautiful, purple HUD (no amber warnings). I wanted to give a good amount of time before reporting so I wasn't getting a false positive. It's now been over a month and still running error free!

Solved and Shame on you infiniti. I hope many others can benefit from this information and use their money saved to buy something that is actually worth $400!

Cheers,
James

·
Premium Member
2018 Q50 Red Sport 400 AWD
5,721 Posts
Good job! And thanks.

·
Premium Member
Infiniti Q50 '17 Redsport, Dynamic Sunstone. Trunk Strong Arm struts. Red
210 Posts
Wow! Great major $ savings info, thanks for this.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I made an account just to say thank you. I did exactly as you said on my 2015 and it worked. Exacto knife easily scaled down the wings and connector went in no problem. Only issue I ran into was removing the old clip where it goes over the top, not a lot of hand real estate there. Saved me big $$$

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I made an account just to say thank you. I did exactly as you said on my 2015 and it worked. Exacto knife easily scaled down the wings and connector went in no problem. Only issue I ran into was removing the old clip where it goes over the top, not a lot of hand real estate there. Saved me big $$$
Appreciate the effort to sign up to say thanks. I'm really happy that others are able to get fair service for their vehicle!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts