Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Q50 2.2d sport
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an Infiniti Q50 diesel sports RWD

After countless hours of reading on this forum regarding others posts on this issue I thought I’d post this. So I’m in the Uk and my warranty has run out buy 4 months and I have noticed this issue with only 24k on the clock. To make matters worse Infiniti have now bailed out of the Uk leaving it up to Nissan to plug the gap.

So how I noticed the leak I felt a vibration while doing 80mph so I have looked under the car and noticed oil coming out of the diff where the the driveshaft enters which from research is fairly common so the question is once replaced will it happen in another 20k and what seems to be the route cause of this issue?

also if you guys can help I need to get a manual for this car but can’t find anything here is the Uk

Thanks

·
Registered
99 Posts
If the differential is not allowed to vent its gasses properly, that can cause leaks from excessive pressure. The oem breather is generally a check-valve type device and if gunk gets accumulated, or if it fails to open from defect, it will not allow it to vent properly.

I believe on these it's located on the top of the differential, since we have IRS (on a solid axle, it's most often on the axle tube).

·
Registered
99 Posts
Thanks for your reply. How do you clean it out
There are a lot of cleaners out there, but remove it first then maybe soak it in/spray something like a carb spray, brake cleaner, degreaser or whatnot...Even dawn dishwash soap would probably work.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
I have an Infiniti Q50 diesel sports RWD

After countless hours of reading on this forum regarding others posts on this issue I thought I’d post this. So I’m in the Uk and my warranty has run out buy 4 months and I have noticed this issue with only 24k on the clock. To make matters worse Infiniti have now bailed out of the Uk leaving it up to Nissan to plug the gap.

So how I noticed the leak I felt a vibration while doing 80mph so I have looked under the car and noticed oil coming out of the diff where the the driveshaft enters which from research is fairly common so the question is once replaced will it happen in another 20k and what seems to be the route cause of this issue?

also if you guys can help I need to get a manual for this car but can’t find anything here is the Uk

Thanks
Post a picture. I believe what you describing is fluid filled bushing is leaking. This can be a common failure. 350Z, 370Z, G35, G37, and Q50's all have a similar setup and the bushing can fail. Do a search on youtube and you'll see plenty of videos on how to replace that bushing. It can be done DIY, but is tough work.

Check out this link to a kit from Z1 motorsports for replacing the bushing.

Reactions: rpiotro
1 - 5 of 5 Posts